Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which leather for Aero Barnstormer

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just read from old topic that oilpull is not very good at dealing with water. My intention is to use this barnstormer in all sorts of foul weather that finnish autumn/winter/spring throws at me. Maybe I need to still change my order...

Does anyone here have experience on how oilpull reacts to rain? Does it absorb the water as I read from another thread?

If you want something that will laugh at the foul weather... why not go with Lost Worlds?
They are the most waterproof leather jackets I have ever seen

red devil

Jejupe

Practically Family
If you want something that will laugh at the foul weather... why not go with Lost Worlds?
They are the most waterproof leather jackets I have ever seen

I considered Lost worlds and even contacted them, but I felt it would have become too expensive. Stu thinks I should have size 50 L (at least with Test jacket) which carries 30 % upcharge. On top of that shipping to europe plus customs and taxes. For example I calculated that a Downtown would cost me about 2500 - 2600 USD.

red devil

I considered Lost worlds and even contacted them, but I felt it would have become too expensive. Stu thinks I should have size 50 L (at least with Test jacket) which carries 30 % upcharge. On top of that shipping to europe plus customs and taxes. For example I calculated that a Downtown would cost me about 2500 - 2600 USD.

In these circumstances, it does become prohibitively expensive... I generally ask friends to bring the jackets I order back with them avoiding all these extra charges... But that means waiting several months to get the goods in certain occasions.

The 30% upcharge on size 50L doesn't help either

Jejupe

Practically Family
Hmm, I think you need a b3 to accommodate temperatures around -10c!
Ps- what did you choose for lining?

I have a ANJ-4 for colder days. For Barnstormer I chose ”budget” tartan. I’ll let Aero surprise me with their choice.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Nice. Don't expect it to work below 4c though. I usually wear my alpaca lined mariner at temperatures between 5 and 12c.

Between 5 and 12 c I would be good with T-shirt and a thick hoodie. I run pretty hot. I wear leather jackets without extra layering down to -5c.

Jejupe

Practically Family
I on the contrary try to find an excuse to wear my leathers! Although right now it is sunny and warm I wear my leather jacket!

Actually that’s the case with me too. I am trying to use leather jackets even if I wouldn’t really need to wear a jacket. There must be some medical diagnosis for this condition...

red devil

Actually that’s the case with me too. I am trying to use leather jackets even if I wouldn’t really need to wear a jacket. There must be some medical diagnosis for this condition...

Don't know about that diagnosis, but a motorbike makes wearing your jackets possible even in hot summer :)
I am taking any excuse I can find to go out on a ride.
Hope to put some age on that tan Thedi

Harris HTM

One Too Many
Don't know about that diagnosis, but a motorbike makes wearing your jackets possible even in hot summer :)
I am taking any excuse I can find to go out on a ride.
Hope to put some age on that tan Thedi
There is this greek island called Ios. This was famous during the 80s and 90s because all the heavy metal guys and punks from Athens used to go camping there during the summer. I remember an august evening, 35 degrees c, and some guys having their perfecto's on!

red devil

There is this greek island called Ios. This was famous during the 80s and 90s because all the heavy metal guys and punks from Athens used to go camping there during the summer. I remember an august evening, 35 degrees c, and some guys having their perfecto's on!

Now this is commitment!
I would also suspect that wearing your jacket in hot weather would age it quicker, but can't say for sure.
The Thedi has already softened quite a bit, and in a short amount of time, making buttoning it up easy now.

Jejupe

Practically Family
Now this is commitment!
I would also suspect that wearing your jacket in hot weather would age it quicker, but can't say for sure.
The Thedi has already softened quite a bit, and in a short amount of time, making buttoning it up easy now.

What leather and what style Thedi you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

red devil

Tan buffalo hide
Edit: put a picture more representative of the colour

9cPM4RW.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk