Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which leather for Aero Barnstormer

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I have one in steer, had it around 15 years maybe more. Superb jacket, I often tuck the pocket flaps inside and loop the belt around the back.
Not the greatest pics but taken on a low res camera or phone around 6 years ago.

View attachment 124003

View attachment 124004
I was just wondering how the Barnstormer would look beltless. Do you have a picture of the front with the belt tucked behind?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I was just wondering how the Barnstormer would look beltless. Do you have a picture of the front with the belt tucked behind?

Here's the best I can do. I've chopped off my head and feet so you can see the figure and details better, but the photo has started to pixilate(if that is correct) if enlarged any more.
I'm 5'8 or 5'9 on a good day and fill it out with my eagerness for bangers and mash or fish and chips I'm afraid, the jacket size has no mods to length of sleeves or body and chest is a 44.
I think Aero do a proper belt less version, it may be a single breasted, best have a look on their web pages. The pocket flaps fit nicely inside if you sort it before wearing the coat but this is a steer hide and Aero's famous heavy horse may not work so well as it is quite stiff. The hand warmer pockets are a little high for me but to be honest I like them rather than a plain front.
Good luck, JTee
Barnstormer3.jpg

Last edited:

Jejupe

Practically Family
For me the belt is essential part of a Barnstormer. When I bought my first (used) barnstormer, I was sure I would never use the belt. However it turned out I loved the belt. My body (still) tapers somewhat from chest to waist and I liked the fact that I can pull the jacket in at waist level with belt. Without belt this type of coat looks like large sack on me.

Unfortunately that barnstormer had 1,5” - 2” too short sleeves for me and I sold it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider