Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which tie?

USAAFAcePilot

One of the Regulars
I plan on going for the US Wings Khaki (shirt and pants+web belt for the USAAF look) SOMETIME in the near future and wanted to know what tie to get: khaki or black.

I've seen a lot of both and didn't know which one was more historically accurate.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Black was pre-war. And was later used by some Auxiliary Police, Civil Defense units that had army type uniforms to distinguish themselves from regular army. I second that Khaki is what you want for your tie.

Matt

anon`

One Too Many
USAAFAcePilot said:
Yes, we've already established that the black ties were issued until 1943. Is there another point to this that is, perhaps, somewhat more obfuscated?

It should be obvious by now that the colour you want depends on what point in the war you want to portray and possibly, to a lesser extent, what specific unit.

cco23i

A-List Customer
As most do a post 43 impression unless you want to be an instructor or an "advance" party type I'd go with the khaki tie, as it was the norm. Plus, the beat thing to do is to use period photos for studying verses a site displaying uniforms.

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner