Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Boots

storman113

Familiar Face
Time came for me to get some boots for my motorcycle riding. I don’t like the standard bike boots and picked up some cheapee lace up as a stop gap till I could find some good ones that fit. Reading all the boot post I looked into all of the standard brands. Unfortunately I have a very narrow foot with a high arch. I could not find any boot to fit comfortable even for up to $300! So figured time for a custom boot. Living in Oregon and not that far from Spokane I took a bike ride up there to the White store.

Wow!!! Its worth the drive. Took two hours with trying on multiple boots. The fitter even got the cutting templates and doing a mix and match of B and C widths came up with the right combo. So expect to receive my new boots in the mail in bout 3 weeks. Ended up ordering the White Packer(higher arch), 10 inch, with the Rancher heel with the specified templates. Every standard shoe I have purchased has been a 101/2. They sized me in a 11.

For those with standard D, E and EE widths, they have about 200 boots returned for repair and not picked up on a sales rack. If anywhere close would be worth the trip. They also have a Vintage line in standard sizes that are really good looking, but only in size D and up. Can order a catalog on line.

Asked the fitter about the difference between the White and Hathorn HiLine. White leathers are cut from the hide first then the HiLines. More hand stitching on the Whites equal more tech time and thus higher cost(about $100 a pair of boots). If you can fit standard sizing the HiLine a better deal. However the Whites also can come in more exotic hides!

Will post some pic's when I gottem on!

railroad detect

New in Town
I have a pair of the White's Model 375, the farmer/rancher model that are 19 years old. Wore them working on the railroad and they have been sent back to the factory several times for new soles and heels. They are worth the money and are very comfortable. Good invetment.

storman113

Familiar Face
The boots showed up the other day. Just over two weeks after order.

WOW!!! I have worn boots for over 40 years. Manual labor, telephone pole climbing, flight line activity and many more and have never had any that fit so well.

Put em on and was wondering how long it would take to break them in. After 5 minutes walking around they felt like I had been wearing them for years. Have worn them for a couple of days now and forget that I even have them on. Went for a ride on the bike and they are exactly what I have been looking for.

Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes. Wish I had done this years ago? Yes.

Whites1.jpg

Whites2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24