Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White Suede Summer Brogues by Florsheim 9D - 1940's (?)

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
A little more info on these shoes. BTW - The price is not firm - I will entertain reasonable offers.

See 2 additional photos showing the nice silhouette and construction of the shoe, and also a closeup of the welt, showing what I have seen some knowledgeable folks refer to as "wheeling", which is still very clean and distinct. The leather is suede, and the nap is still visible in places, but several decades of whiting or pipeclay have filled in some of the detail - I don't know the best way to clean or refresh the suede finish, but the leather is very sound. Sole dimensions as follows: Heel to toe - 11 7/8", Width at ball - 4 1/8".

Another nice pair of summer shoes - these appear to be from the 40's-50's, and the leather is still strong and supple - no loose stitching or cracking, interior still nice and sound. The thin leather surface of the sole has some wear, but overall the soles are still very serviceable. While not exactly a spade sole, the shoe still has an elegant waist and very neat cut. There is some scuffing and buildup of old polish (pipeclay?) - will leave it to the buyer whether to strip down or just apply a new coat. I have owned these for about 15 years and have worn them perhaps half a dozen times - bought them used from a now defunct vintage store - the previous owner applied the white very carefully, as the sole and welt are free from white polish!

Price is $95 shipped in USA, $115 shipped worldwide.

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members