Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White suede wing tips...

Teacher

Familiar Face
Oh, my! As a bit of a shoe nut myself, I can certainly appreciate how rare an opportunity this is...and how exciting it is for you! Good for you, Wild Root. Now, if only they'd had a 9D....

Wild Root

Gone Home
Baron Kurtz said:
I just got a pair from eBay. They're cap-toe white bucks with brogue detailing.

bk

Oh you lucky man! I've been wanting a pair of cap-toe white suede as long as I have wanted the wingtips!

Love to see a photo and here would be a good place to show them off!

=WR=

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Your wish is my command, Root!

Here's a 1930s pair to drool over:

Spoon268.jpg

Spoon446.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Shall we call them...

Dream subs? LoL. I knew they'd be closer to your size!:rolleyes: Oh the curse of being so large in size!!! My Kingdom to be 5'7" with a size 8 1/2 shoe! Oh and a size 38 suit with a 29" waist!

Yes, please see about the Derby! Should be fun!

=WR=

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Incidentally, the spade-like shape of that shoe's sole first gained popularity around 1910. In the 1930s, though, it really "hit its stride." Florsheim called the shape a "custom sole extension", though today's eBay sellers erroneously label it a "spade sole". If the rest of you want to see this sole shape in person, go look at a pair of cowboy boots: they have it (but with a pointier toe).

Wild Root said:
Those aren't wingtips.... :p

Beautiful shoes!!! I only can hope to find a pair of those in my size.

=WR=

Nope, they're cap toe. Was responding to:

Wild Root said:
Oh you lucky man! I've been wanting a pair of cap-toe white suede as long as I have wanted the wingtips!

Love to see a photo and here would be a good place to show them off!

=WR=

Marc, they're 6 1/2 ... and very slim fitting. Whew, they're buggers to walk in right now. They need some breaking in. I'm doing 10 minutes a night when i get home from work. The buck is nice and supple. Hopefully no chance of cracking.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner