Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White suede wing tips...

Wild Root

Gone Home
These have been on the list of shoes to find in my size (12D) for a long time! Today, a friend of mine told me he found a pair at a Good Will thrift shop for 25.00! He said they were too big for him (11) and felt they should fit me. He came over this morning and I tried them on; yes, they fit!

I'm now a proud owner of a very clean original pair of 1930's suede wing tips! These are hard to find in this condition and in this size! I can't get over how soft they are and just can't wait till I can wear them with a nice summer out fit! Spring is just around the corner so; here is a photo of the shoes with a few items I'll be wearing them with.

1191962img2ez.jpg

The pants are original wool NRA (National Recovery Act of 1934-1936) tagged and so is the tie. The tie clasp is a 1933 Chicago World's Fair Century of Progress clasp.

Enjoy,

=WR=

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Spiffy

Spiffy outfit Root.

The flannel slacks - are they lined? Itchy?

I prefer the high-waisted trousers as well. But I've a bit of a tub and the whole shebang likes to slide on down. In an office environment, is it proper to walk around without a coat and have your 'spenders flapping about?

m

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
WR,
Those suede wingtips are beautiful. They make me think of Gatsby. You are very lucky to have found those. They would be absolutely smashing with seersucker.
Congratulations, my friend, you deserve them.;) :)

Wild Root

Gone Home
clevispin said:
Spiffy outfit Root.

The flannel slacks - are they lined? Itchy?

m

Nope, not lined! And soft as I'll get out! They are made of a soft tight wool flanel as it's called. Soft, almost like PJ's! PJ's that hold a crease!

=WR=

PS. Glad you guys like them!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thank you Marc! I know, how would have those shoes slip passed the vintage pickers in the back room??? They didn't know what they had! God Bless them!;)

And thank you for the nice comment about my photo!

=WR=

Harry Lime

Suspended
Amazing.

Root. the shoes are great. Unbelievable find. They look NOS and in a 12D, it's almost unimaginable you'd get them (and for $25.) You must be living right. The white pants are a natural; are there other pants you can see those shoes working with out of curiousity? Maybe some lighter color linens or seersucker?

Harry Lime

I'm a 12D as well. What size hat and jacket are you?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh, I can't begin to tell you guys how happy I am about these shoes!

To answer a few questions the shoes are all leather soles and heels. They're not NOS but very close! There is wear to the sole and that's it! They were worn very rarely and were taken very good care of!

If I were to find original 1930's Seersucker anything in my size, I would be the luckiest man in the world! Seersucker is the hardest to find and I know one guy who has an original 1934 NRA tagged Seersucker suit. The rarest thing I've seen! But, yes I totally agree that Seersucker would look good with the shoes. As for other combos, dark blue, brown, or tan would also work. I've seen plenty of photos of men wearing such shoes with dark suits in the 30's. In the near future, I have a 1930's Palm Beach double breasted coming in my size. That would be my ideal suit to pair the shoes with.;)

Any way, thanks for the good feedback guys!

=WR=

PS. Harry, my hat size is 7 1/4;)

Wild Root

Gone Home
I'll post some photos of me sporting them soon. I have a nice outfit picked out for them right now so, I just need a camera man to take them for me;)

Soon my friend... soon.

=WR=

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Root, you are one fortunate fellow. Seems like you're always finding the good stuff or it's dropping into your lap. Of course I'm a bit jealous. Aren't we all?

I remember asking you once about shoes and some other accessories. You said you'd help me out on suspenders, if I recall, but the shoes were up to me as, if you'll recall, I'm a 12D, too. I don't expect you to. That's all right.

Neat shoes. No doubt you'll be smashing in whatever ensemble with which you wear them.

Enjoy.

Cab

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ah yes, I remember about the suspenders... I just sent you a PM. May like what I found for ya.

Any way, the shoes I love and thanks for all the kind words!

=WR=

PS. Yes, if you're the same size shoe as I am, you're on your own.;)

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yeah...

Oh, hahah I got ya. Thanks for clarifying.;) Matt does have some nice custom made shoes but, he's not going to let those go any time soon. But, he has sold some shoes on ebay now and again but, not sure he'll part with any some time soon.

=WR=

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh yes.

The BB's shoe isn't bad at all. It's a very nice shoe and a very good looker.
However, there is one thing that bugs me about it and that is the lack of curve to the sole. The original pair has a spaded and very sculpted sole. I'll have to post some photos of the sole to illustrate my point soon.

However nice the BB's shoe is, I'm sure I'd die if I scuffed a $300+;)

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner