Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who does BPAL?

Magpie Annie

Familiar Face
Yay!

I am so excited, I just ordered my first batch of small vials from the website! I would never have heard of them without this thread, so thanks for sharing the "secret"!!! I love perfume oils, so this site was a little bit like heaven for me!

p.s. do you ladies have any favorite BPAL scents?

rosierawhyde

New in Town
Oh my goodness! I LOVE BPAL. Love love love them. It IS very overwhelming at first to find scents to buy. I tend to fall in love with a particular scent and do a search on thier site to find smells that I want to order. Today I am wearing:

Grand Guignol: Our Grand Guignol perfume is a shot of sweet apricot brandy; just enough to settle your nerves after a ghoulish, gory brush with the macabre.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
my wife has a collection of probably 100+ imps.

i wear 'Satyr' and at least four of my friends' wives have bought it and demand that they wear it.

rosierawhyde

New in Town
I would go bonkers if I had 100 to go through. I can really only have about 6 at a time. I will get a new batch and swap or sell sets of what I dont like in order to buy more. It is definately an addiction. I have about 3 other ladies that will go in on an order with me and we have lovely wine parties where we read the description and open them up and let everyone smell them. Of course sometimes they change once you put them on, its still lots of fun.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
My BPAL favourite is New Orleans:

"Reminiscent of hothouse blooms on a humid night, ripe, but touched with decay. Sweet honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of lemon and spice."

It really is like walking into a hothouse - slightly suffocating but in a nice way. I like it better on me as a summer scent, though. Now that I checked to site I'm tempted to try "51" and "Baghdad" next!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
If you like New Orleans, you'll also like 51 and Baghdad. Another one you might like is Harlot. It is a true rose with just a hint of cinnamon. It really smells like garden fresh roses, not rose perfume, know what I mean?
I have posted in this thread in a while, but I just had to brag. For Christmas, my friend gave me a whole bath set that she made, using Snake Oil. It had a bar of soap, some bath fizzes, bath salts and body lotion. Every shower and bath is like a BPAL heaven! I want to learn how to make my own because I've run out of the soap and almost finished with the body lotion.

rosierawhyde

New in Town
While I tried Harlot and wasnt a fan. I LOVE SNAKE OIL. I got that one in the last set I bought. Its wonderful. I am a fan of rose scents and recently found that I love almost anything the make that has the Dragons blood resin and almond oil. The most recent rose scent I got (if you like roses) was Lucy's Kiss (Created to represent the essence of Bram Stoker's tragic heroine, Lucy Westenra. Seductive, wanton and deadly, but underscored with a soft, wistful innocence. The gentle scent of rose and a blend of Victorian spices.)
This one reminded me of London which is another Victorian Rose scent but this one is so different and makes me really think of the movie with Gary Oldman and Wynona Rider.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
If you like Snake Oil, try Morocco. It's my everyday scent. I tend to prefer scents that have a little mush, spice or incensey smell. My new favorite is Midnight Mass, which smells exactly like the incense we use in my Greek Orthodox church.

rosierawhyde

New in Town
My friend has Morrocco. :) I smelled it once and know I like it, I just havent gotten around to ordering that one. Does it have "coconut meat"? There is one she had that I specifically remember that from the description.

This morning I put on The Red Queen (Deep mahogany and rich, velvety woods lacquered with sweet, black-red cherries and currant.) Its unfortunatly not one I will keep. I love it in the bottle but it turns very woodsy on me. [huh]

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
CopperNY said:
i wear 'Satyr'

Wow, congratulations on pulling that one off :D

I am a BPAL addict. :eek:

My favourites are Sin (probably most of all), Hanerot Halalu, Samhain, Odin, Nanny Ashtoreth... well, I can keep on going like this forever :D

CopperNY

A-List Customer
i'm lucky i can wear Satyr. of my three friends that also tried it, it smells nasty on two of them.

my first alternate is Snake Oil.

the wife has a big bottle of Sin. one of the few she got as an imp and liked enough to invest in.

Medvssa

One of the Regulars
It is a pity they do not have big bottles anymore :( (if it is a 10ml bottle you are talking about).

CopperNY

A-List Customer
yes. she got a 10ml of Sin and i got the 10ml of Satyr and Snake Oil.

i was actually half way through my first Satyr when she got me the second. i was very surprised at the difference between the two. the second Satyr was not as deeply musky as the first.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
My next 5ml will be Othello. I might also get a Harlot. I don't wear it on me, but it makes a lovely room scent. Just a drop of any oil on a hot light bulb will fill a room. I've also been known to put a couple drops of oil on a cotton ball and keep it in my car's drink holder.

lantana19

New in Town
I just placed an order with BPAL myself. I ordered the full size vial of the LE White Chocolate and Sugared Violets as well as some imps of Alice, Marie, White Rabbit, Amsterdam, and Snake Oil.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
it was a good BPAL night tonight.

wore Snake Oil to my weekly fight club. i hadn't worn it in a while, so i asked one of the girls how it smelled.

she liked it, but said that with the oil in combination with my jacket (vintage horsehide) i smelled like "an -expensive- manwhore, but in a good way".

:)

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
kamikat said:
If you like New Orleans, you'll also like 51 and Baghdad. Another one you might like is Harlot. It is a true rose with just a hint of cinnamon. It really smells like garden fresh roses, not rose perfume, know what I mean?

Yes! That's exactly the kind of rose perfume I'm looking for, how did you know?! A more fresh and fruity rose. So thanks for the recommendation. :) I'm also looking for a saffron scent, I tried Sherezade but it wasn't quite what I had in mind.

A complete scented bath scent sounds lovely. I'm going to make a simple perfumed body oil with peanut oil, it seems to require a minimal effort!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
CopperNY said:
she liked it, but said that with the oil in combination with my jacket (vintage horsehide) i smelled like "an -expensive- manwhore, but in a good way".

:)

That sounds like a good thing ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21