Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who has an Akubra Lawson?

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Noggintops

Hey, citRon -- you can see some good photos of the Lawson being worn both on the product page and the customer photos page at noggintops.com. I had thought about it, but after seeing it worn, it was a little too tapered for my tastes.

gtie

New in Town
I've had mine for 15 months and have been very pleased with it. I narrowed down my choices to the Banjo Patterson, Lightning Ridge and Lawson. Chose the Lawson in dark fawn due to the brim shape and crown height. The Lawson is a nice blend, it looks good on a trail and at a client. Hat wells wear for 3 seasons and looks new even though I've used it hard and haven't remotely tried to baby it.

Has was purchased from and I highly recommend Noggintops.

citRon said:
Ok, the Akubra Lawson has made the list. Anyone kind enough to provide their experiences and/or pictures? Thanks

NonEntity

Suspended
The Lawson was runner-up a few years ago when the Banjo Paterson won out. The crowns of these two Akubras are identical--height, taper, bash/pinch, but the Lawson's brim is bound, and, at 3 inches, 1/4 inch wider than the Banjo's. Though I really like the braided Kangaroo leather hatband on the Lawson, it does "casualize" the hat considerably. A more conservative hatband, which of course would have to be purchased separately, would make the Lawson more versatile.

It would take a vicious Visigoth on Vycodin to damage the premium felt, but it is quite stiff and requires some break-in before it'll feel comfortable despite that all the hats in the Heritage Collection have a reeded roan leather sweatband that is wider and even better than those in other Akubras.

Just be aware that The Lawson has a very low and quite tapered crown relative to its brim width and so does not look good on certain people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes