Who here is a millionaire?

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by lawson_jeremy, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Paul Roerich

Paul Roerich "A List" Customer

Ah, but even the highest-selling vintage suits are a deal when compared to modern suits of equal quality.

2. Paul Roerich

But one way or another, they'll make you pay for those gifts. With interest. It's the art of the deal.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  3. Have you seen how some millionaires dress?! "Suit? What is that?" lol lol

4. Paul Roerich

Good point! :eusa_doh:

5. PrettySquareGal

PrettySquareGal I'll Lock Up

That would make it a transaction and not a gift.

I think it's just so sad that some people can't appreciate the joy of giving. I think they should start now. PSG's Finishing School Specializing in Generosity. Yes, that's it. No tuition fees, just give me expensive gifts!

6. I understand Steve Wynn give away about 120% of his salary every year. Call him. :p

7. PrettySquareGal

PrettySquareGal I'll Lock Up

I'm filling out my online gift registries right now.

8. Paul Roerich

If only Mr. Wynn would donate 120% of Las Vegas every year.

9. I would be first in line. :p

10. Stanley Doble

Stanley Doble Call Me a Cab

A million isn't what it used to be. Let me prove it.

If you take a million dollars to the bank and ask to invest it do you know what you get? About 2 1/2 % on a GIC or CD.

Do you know what 2 1/2% of a million dollars is? $25,000 a year.

When you see someone who makes $500 a week do you say "that person has a millionaire's income"? Because that is what it is.

PS I have a million dollar net worth and it's a struggle to get by, no kidding.

11. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi

Actually, my Mom will pretty much kill for 2.5%. I'm refinancing my house for 2.75%. Our CD's are at 0.75%. That's 7500 a year or 625 a month.

Don't pay to be rich anymore.

later

12. Noirblack

Noirblack One of the Regulars

You might not be a billionaire, but you are on your way:

$100,000,000,000,000/$362,000= $276,243,093.92

13. Millionaires and their spending: I was talking to a bloke who ran a bottle shop in a VERY flash area north of here, and asked him how much Grange he sold (a very expensive Australian wine)....none he said, the bigger the car the cheaper the wine, basically the people in S-class Benzes took home the cheapest wine they could find in the remainder bin for their own consumption...in a restaurant they'd pay many times over the odds for a bottle so other people could see them drinking it, but guzzle rotgut at home where no-one can see, me; I'm the reverse I'll order the cheapest on the list knowing the house has a 500% markup, and drink the good stuff at home...that's why i'm not a millionaire...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  14. It is a trite curiosity often seen in my world (trust banking), that many who live large lack the means and many who live modestly, are quite well off. Some of that owes to the peculiar demographics of our city.
    The one shared characteristic is that they recognize that it is seldom in their best interest to admit their true means.

15. Stanley Doble

Stanley Doble Call Me a Cab

Maybe it's because what they buy in the shop comes out of their pockets but what they buy in a restaurant goes on the firm's expense account.

16. Maj.Nick Danger

Maj.Nick Danger I'll Lock Up

Exactly. You must know my boss?? He pinches pennies so hard it brings a tear to Abe Lincoln's eye.

17. Squeezes the Buffalo Nickel until it hollers eh?

18. That buys into the conspicuous consumtion thing I have noticed as well. The rich many want their friends to see them living high on the hog but in private they are cheapskates. Who cares what you eat or drink at home---they say. I have know several of them that had tons of money and spent it thus. Cars and other items that you can see were paraded around while they ate like misers and lived like paupers inside fashionable addresses. It was hilarious. lol lol

19. countryclubjoe

countryclubjoe Banned

A Million dollars is not what it use to be.

It is more important to have the ability to earn a Million dollars then to have a million dollars. That being said, No I am not a millionare
    however my Grandchildren are millionaires.

Best regards
    CCJ

20. Maj.Nick Danger

Maj.Nick Danger I'll Lock Up

I would take the opposite tack. Play it down in public and indulge at home. Parading around in expensive clothes and Rolex watches and driving to upscale department stores in a new Mercedes draws too much attention. May as well wear a big sign that says, "ROB ME."