Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who likes vintage tools?

Bugguy

Practically Family
Love it! So many memories.
Pretty sure my wife's Granddad's set is still in his shed. Probably under a pile of boards as well by now as we've only had copper, PVC and PEX for the last 40 years.

Yep, I still use Rigid when I need to thread pipe. Plumber tried to get by with some of that flexible gas pipe - cheap and quick. The next week I replaced it. I picked up a sniffer at a garage sale so I can check the fittings. Dad taught me well!

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ridgid is a plumber‘s standard in Germany too. Since they purchased the German company Peddinghaus it’s the standard for light, forged, northern German patterned anvils (up to 100kg) as well and top notch in (sheet metal) hammers, along Picard.

Turnip

Just a small selection of grandpa´s tools. Polishing-, Grooving- and Plumber´s-Hammer from Picard, still available at same pattern today.

Picard

full

Turnip

Top row is inherited from my in-law, like many other tools, Gedore 1b. He’s been a master machining operator.
The hammers are from his dad who’s been a boilermaker and pipefitter like me.
Bottom row wrenches I bought myself, years before, Hazet 600N.

Turnip

1/2" ratchet set and 3" pipe wrech from in-law. 13mm nut and cardan´s missing but are of course still available as spare parts.

Oldt.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112