Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes a good submarine/RAF sweater?

fishmeok

Vendor
I've been looking for a good repro of the classic RAF/RN white turtleneck sweater- who makes a good repro? Has anyone bought the one from What Price Glory?
Cheers
Mark

Story

I'll Lock Up
fishmeok said:
I've been looking for a good repro of the classic RAF/RN white turtleneck sweater- who makes a good repro? Has anyone bought the one from What Price Glory?
Cheers
Mark

They were the original Navy surplus ones? If so, I got one years ago and someone is darning a hole (which I carelessly caused) in the shoulder blade - I can take a pic if you like, but do a SEARCH - there was a thread about this about three-four months back.

Edit: Merry Christmas
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=11550&highlight=rollover

fishmeok

Vendor
Thanks for the link- I didn't realize there was a difference between the RN deck sweater and the RAF frock.
Questions answered!
Cheers
Mark

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Story said:
They were the original Navy surplus ones? If so, I got one years ago and someone is darning a hole (which I carelessly caused) in the shoulder blade - I can take a pic if you like, but do a SEARCH - there was a thread about this about three-four months back.

Edit: Merry Christmas
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=11550&highlight=rollover

Allmost brought tears to me eyes. Story, you found my first post in FL.;)

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
I'd like to find a replacement for my dark blue SAS sweater. I bought it in Europe about 25 years ago. My wife threw it in the washing machine shortly after we got married, upon which I almost divorced her. I have not been able to find an authentic replacement. The ones issued today don't look the same.

M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana