Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who was the author of the World War II short story-memoir, "Git or Git Got?"

Naphtali

Practically Family
Many years ago my parents owned Hilton Bedside Books, Volumes I through V. These were short stories and short memoir incidents that were exceptionally well selected. In one of those volumes was a short memoir by a fighter pilot describing a dog fight he had survived. The title was either "Git or Git Got" or "Git er Git Got." I find no record of a story or memoir of this title. The only Hilton Bedside Book I can locate anywhere is Volume I. Its table of contents does not include the story.

During one of my Internet searches I discovered a UNZ.org reference to reviews of two World War II books one of which was written by Ira Wolfert. Reviews were hedded by "Git or Git Got." further information about Mr. Wolfert identified him as co-writing an article with a fighter ace, Don Gentile. Hoping that Gentile was the source for the "Git or Git Got" memoir proved inconclusive. So I'm still hoping someone knows the memoir-story or has the Hilton Bedside Book in which it was published or republished.

Who was the author of the World War II short story-memoir, "Git or Git Got" or Git er Git Got?" Where can I find this story?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner