Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's with me?

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
Who looks like Helen? Hummmmm...

Doesn't need to sound like her... voice dubs are very old fashioned!
Don't hit me Root, but... Fran Drescher?

669996976_l.jpg
fran_drescher_150.jpg

DEFINITELY would need a voice dub & different wardrobe. lol lol

Swing High,
- C H

Wild Root

Gone Home
Cousin Hepcat said:

669996976_l.jpg
fran_drescher_150.jpg

DEFINITELY would need a voice dub & different wardrobe. lol lol

Swing High,
- C H

At first I wanted to hit you but... then I took a look... yes, there are some similarities... good ones! She'd have to have that beautiful big hair though... but, then again, here's what Helen looked like in 1938-1939 when she sang with Artie Shaw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIeEuLLcXhg

=WR=

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Helen Forrest

Wild Root said:
The real Artie Shaw was a bad actor and was in a number of movies. Yes, most find those late 30's and early 40's movies to be corny with good music but, heck, I think it would be swell to find some one who looks just like him... kid of like "The Man with Bogart's Face" and just play him up as Artie Shaw... it would be a cool movie if it were serious but, also kind of fun like "Tucker a man and his dream" something like that would make it a fun and enjoyable movie. And the costuming HAS to be SPOT ON! With the things we can do with film today, they can recreate so many things... even the '39 World's Fair!

It could be a movie about Shaw and his music but, also a good educational type of film about the late 30's and early 40's when Shaw's band was on fire! Also, we'd need a gal who looks like Helen Forrest! She sang with Shaw for some time in 1938 to 1940 I think. Some of my favorite songs ever are hers when she sang with Shaw.

=WR=

041231_shaw_vmed.widec.jpg

My absolute favorite song of her's and Artie's is Deep Purple...:eek:fftopic:

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Wild Root said:
Cousin Hepcat said:

669996976_l.jpg
fran_drescher_150.jpg

DEFINITELY would need a voice dub & different wardrobe. lol

Swing High,
- C H
At first I wanted to hit you but... then I took a look...
Haaaay!?! lol lol Just kidding man, you're still allright with me, no matter what they say. ;)

Wild Root said:
yes, there are some similarities... good ones! She'd have to have that beautiful big hair though...
She can be pretty classy when she wants to.

fdbeiisraels50th3.jpg
fdbeiletterman9.jpg
fdbeithismorning3.jpg

The first time I saw her was on American Movie Classics, a 1978 movie that took place in the 50s called American Hot Wax. Plotline: "This is the true story of Cleveland disc jockey Alan Freed, who introduced rock'n'roll to teenage American radio audiences in the 1950's. You shoulda been there." Great flick; I really liked her in that, totally different from her "Nanny" thing. Wish she had stayed with her earlier style.

Swing High,
- C H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR