Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who's your favorite fatal femme?

Lotta Little

One of the Regulars
Not limited only to film noir fans, of course! In your opinion, which fictional female had knock 'em dead style? I grew up wanting to be Brenda Starr, Girl Reporter, but for favorite femme fatale, it's gotta be Gilda with her black satin gloves.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Greta Garbo

Garbo.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Number one is Cyd Charisse in the Broadway Rhythm ballet but I really like Jean Simmons in Angel Face too (great final scene).

She's not really fatal but I always loved Dorothy Malone in The Big Sleep.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Hedy

Ah, yes. Hedy Lamarr. Must see flick: "Algiers". Where ultimate chick flick meets great film noir, meets several other genres. And if you can find it, the original French version, "Pepe Le Moko", with Jean Gabin.
Oh, and if you can find it (getting back to Hedy), "Ecstasy".

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Mary Astor

astor2-sized.jpg

Always either the wrong woman or the woman wronged. With sad dark eyes and a delicate elegance, Mary was a Midwest river-town girl of German-Portuguese-Scots-Irish heritage, but she spoke and carried herself like the blue-chip society dame her name evoked. Yet she always betrayed something deeper. Something that could be passionate or desperate, loving or cruel. Something you wanted to protect, or savage, or both.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Film Noir Femme Fatale, Lizabeth Scott...

"Do you think I fell for that fancy tripe you gave me? It's not a new story baby... You killed him, Why lie? "

-Bogart to Lizabeth Scott in "Dead Reckoning"

lizabethscott3.jpg
the girl was baaaadddddddddddd :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic