Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why Should I Buy A Vanson?

So I tried to turn current CW into scrotum CW. Nothing. This stuff is built to last.
View attachment 444318
View attachment 444319
I did some circular brushing for about half hour just in that one spot by the ticket pocket.
Maybe I need reinforcement. Will sleep on this and maybe try different things tomorrow.
It definitely didn’t play out like I’d pictured in my head. Haha. I’d hoped the saddle soap would help to pull all that waterproof polymer out of the fibers and in doing so unveil the natural scrotum grain. And maybe shed half a pound afterwards.
But it pretty much stayed the same.
To be continued…
There’s only one way:
5A19B8F5-159E-4522-81D9-E5ACFCD9ED1F.jpeg

I applied to my “new” Oxford. Did not pop grain but for damn sure did peel off the plastic coating. I suspect a proper soaking afterward would have helped the grain train.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
There’s only one way:
View attachment 444505
I applied to my “new” Oxford. Did not pop grain but for damn sure did peel off the plastic coating. I suspect a proper soaking afterward would have helped the grain train.

@ton312, I apologize if I missed the pictures, but would you mind posting how your de-plasticized jacket looks? I'm contemplating giving the CHP the same treatment. Thanks.

Bigbawz

New in Town
Same photos in different threads is totally fine. Nobody ever got bumped off the forum for posting too many photos.
I am wary of posting photos at all after reading that a now "ex member" had been "sin binned" for too many photos in too many threads. Just sayin'....

@ton312, I apologize if I missed the pictures, but would you mind posting how your de-plasticized jacket looks? I'm contemplating giving the CHP the same treatment. Thanks.
Here’s a link to the thread!
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vanson-vanson-vanson.105617/page-6
What I should’ve done after I peeled off the top coat is submerge the jacket in water, let it totally soak, then let it dry and oil it. I went a little too fast.
Whatever that shiny plastic Vanson applies is…it is very, very tough. I tried to remove it with fingernail polish remover and it didn’t budge. The acetone most certainly did remove t but I would caution to work gently. It will also pull out some color, parts vulgarly if your jacket is any color other than black.

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Here’s a link to the thread!
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/vanson-vanson-vanson.105617/page-6
What I should’ve done after I peeled off the top coat is submerge the jacket in water, let it totally soak, then let it dry and oil it. I went a little too fast.
Whatever that shiny plastic Vanson applies is…it is very, very tough. I tried to remove it with fingernail polish remover and it didn’t budge. The acetone most certainly did remove t but I would caution to work gently. It will also pull out some color, parts vulgarly if your jacket is any color other than black.

Thanks, I definitely missed it !! Must be the 60 hour weeks I was putting in at the time. My CHP is about 1 year old and it looks and feels new despite wearing the sh**t out of it. I've even gone in the rain with it. Nothing, still new looking. I think I need some more "harsh" treatment.

Last edited:
Thanks, I definitely missed it !! Must be the 60 hour weeks I was putting in at the time. My CHP is about 1 year old and it looks and fees new despite wearing the sh**t out of it. I've even gone in the rain with it. Nothing, still new looking. I think I need some more "harsh" treatment.
The nice thing about the hide is that it is nearly impossible to damage!

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I am wary of posting photos at all after reading that a now "ex member" had been "sin binned" for too many photos in too many threads. Just sayin'....

He wasn’t banned for that, although me and many others started ignoring his posts because he daily posted the same pictures in three or more threads.
He was banned for insulting other members as I recall.
What I did yesterday was very different. My repost of the same picture in this thread was done with the purpose of making them easier to find for people looking for photos of Vanson jackets.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
He wasn’t banned for that, although me and many others started ignoring his posts because he daily posted the same pictures in three or more threads.
That’s exactly what happened. Nobody needs to walk around here on eggshells or count how many photos they post per week in fear of getting banned.
In the time that I have been here on the lounge the only time I’ve seen people banned was when they have been rude or threatening to other members.

Bigbawz

New in Town
If anyone is interested in selling a vanson A size 44, hit me up
Be careful with some Vanson options in 44. I have a Vanson Comet in 44 and it's strictly a summer jacket and cotton T shirt only. Plus "short" in cut with zero layering capability. My Sturgis in 44 is more "blouson" in cut and can be layered with a sweatshirt as well if required. The Sturgis has zippered vents for airflow on the move and the Comet does not.

That’s exactly what happened. Nobody needs to walk around here on eggshells or count how many photos they post per week in fear of getting banned.
In the time that I have been here on the lounge the only time I’ve seen people banned was when they have been rude or threatening to other members.
So what you’re saying is you can only be banned if you hit another member “down under” the belt… in their “big bawz”? LOL. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, welcome back G-man?!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
This ban must have happened during by absense but I assume we are talking about this australian guy who would post pictures of him in his Schott (and others) on his bike trips along the coasts very frequently? Shame. I felt there was no need to push him to the point he would leash out like this. Same picture in different threads, buh-huh. Now we got one less active poster and no pics in no thread, go figure.

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
I personally loved his content, pics and sense of humour, if I don't like content or someone else's opinion I just scroll on past. Only thief's and scammers should be banned. Gimme more beach & bike pics please,, oh and jackets and women if you can fit those in too would be even better.

Bigbawz

New in Town
Women photos ? In this time of "Me too" and all that ? Wash yer mouth out with soap.
Preferably the edible chocolate type.
Now back to Vanson jackets with no further ado !
I have a long held lusting for an Enfield in Cordovan. 44" would do the trick ?
HH21 has a beauty.
Can you even post "lust" in this "Me too" generation ?

Peter Mackin

Practically Family
Women photos ? In this time of "Me too" and all that ? Wash yer mouth out with soap.
Preferably the edible chocolate type.
Now back to Vanson jackets with no further ado !
I have a long held lusting for an Enfield in Cordovan. 44" would do the trick ?
HH21 has a beauty.
Can you even post "lust" in this "Me too" generation ?
You just did :)

Edward

Bartender
Same photos in different threads? Seems OK and logical to me but I have read in other threads that that is a forum NoNo ?
Apparently the guy who started the jacket restoration thread got bumped off the forum for that ? Overuse of forum resources apparently ?
That's what was replied in the "Has anyone seen---" thread by I think a moderator ? Anyhow good photos of your Vanson cross zip.

From behind the bar...: For the sake of clarification, as it appears a level of misinformation has been circulating on these circumstances:

The person behind the Downunder G-Man account for whatever reason went on a spree of picking fights with other members, descending to the level of some particularly unpleasant, verbal personal attacks on other TFL members. This resulted in a ban, this and no other reason. TFL has always expected of its members a certain level of civility, and that continues to be the case.

Same photos in different threads is totally fine. Nobody ever got bumped off the forum for posting too many photos.

Exactly so.
What I did yesterday was very different. My repost of the same picture in this thread was done with the purpose of making them easier to find for people looking for photos of Vanson jackets.
Yes. No-one has ever been banned for simply repeating a photograph.

So what you’re saying is you can only be banned if you hit another member “down under” the belt… in their “big bawz”?

That is certainly a valid reason for a ban. There have been other circumstances in the past, including one individual who was exposed as having scammed other forum members as memory serves. Banning people from the forum is a weapon of last resort and not used lightly; nobody was ever banned for nothing, or in circumstances where it would come as a surprise. On occasion, banned individuals do try to slip back in under the radar, but inevitably they give themselves away sooner or later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112