Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wide brim at Target

garenb

New in Town
Just saw this cheapie at my local Target. It was junk, but I was surprised to see a wide brim.

1128101236-00.jpg

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
It looks to be a ladies hat.

Something that I've noticed frequently, especially in Thrift stores, but also in Department Stores (such as Burlington Coat Factory) is men's hats in the ladies department and ladies hats in the men's department. When looking for fedoras always check both departments.:D

MisterGrey

Practically Family
There have been some rather nice men's stingy brim straws at my local Targets for the past several Summers. The stingy I picked up at Wal-Mart two years ago just recently began to wear out on me, and if Target would have had a natural color in straw I'd certainly have picked it up (by the time I got to them, all that were left were olive, brown, and black). I agree that their wools aren't super great, but anyone interested in a cheap straw trilby style that will last you probably 2-3 years would do well to check out Target come warm-weather season.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Unless the pic has been flipped, the "bow" is on the right ... ladies' hat, man
Target has much hipper ... much more hip ... the hipness quotient for the femal gender is much higher than for us Testosterone-Americans .. at least that's my casual observation.
You'd think somewhere along the line ... in LA or Peking ... there'd be someone figuring they sell a TON of wide-brimmed hats ... but it's sort of like Tom Hanks in "A League of Their Own," when the gal who's been pitching says "It's so hard."
Of course it is, he replies ... if it wasn't, everyone would do it (play pro ball)
Same way with class hats.
They're worth wearing because they're worth finding.

Sam

Something that I've noticed frequently, especially in Thrift stores, but also in Department Stores (such as Burlington Coat Factory) is men's hats in the ladies department and ladies hats in the men's department. When looking for fedoras always check both departments.:D

I've seen that as well. it's sad when even the employees don't know where the merchandise goes

Just saw this cheapie at my local Target. It was junk, but I was surprised to see a wide brim.

1128101236-00.jpg

I wonder if Akubra will take heed and offer a "marble granite" color :D

There have been some rather nice men's stingy brim straws at my local Targets for the past several Summers. The stingy I picked up at Wal-Mart two years ago just recently began to wear out on me, and if Target would have had a natural color in straw I'd certainly have picked it up (by the time I got to them, all that were left were olive, brown, and black). I agree that their wools aren't super great, but anyone interested in a cheap straw trilby style that will last you probably 2-3 years would do well to check out Target come warm-weather season.

I saw a couple of nice dress straws at wal-mart last year and was almost going to get one, but alas, i decided it had too much taper for my personal taste and bought another akubra polystraw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24