Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WIDEBRIM'S TIES FOR 2014: First Batch

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Well, happy late new year to all, and, yes, it is time for the first batch of 2014. As always, neckties are in at least very good condition, unless otherwise noted. Prices do not include shipping. Checks are preferred for U.S. customers; others may pay by PayPal. And now, here are the first three:

(l to r) First up is a picturesque "Bird of Paradise by Merle' " offering from Korry Ties of California, originally sold by Robert's Clothes Shop, Eagle Rock (Los Angeles). Measures 50" by 4", bronze and cream, feels like rayon; some discoloration on the inside lining of front blade. ($8)

Next is a beautiful, near mint condition necktie from the famous Marshall Field & Company Retail store ("The Store For Men). It has a lovely deep blue background, with red, light blue, and off-white motif(s). Measures 52" by 4", and is made of very smooth silk. ($8)

Last is an unusual, very unique tie that is not your "typical" Bold Look offering. It features colorful can-can girls (showing some leg), in a field of light blue, and was hand tailored by H.C. Van Hekle of Midlothian, ILL. Made of imported silk, it measures 52" by 41/4". Excellent condition. ($10)

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
And here they are...Three beautiful examples of California, hand-painted neckties, all with flora and/or fauna themes:

(l to r) First off is a classic dog-stalking-quail themed tie from Penney's Towncraft DeLuxe line, in near-mint conditon. Very colorful, with shades of aqua, light blue, orange, yellow, and clay brown. Measures 50" by 4", feels like acetate, and has on the back of the front blade a graphic of two paintbrushes and a sash, within which it states, "Individually Hand Painted." ($9)

Next up is another very colorful, near-mint Towncraft DeLuxe (man, they offered some good ties back then) featuring lovely, blooming flowers (I'm not a botanist, so I can't be more precise than that...). Contains shades of red, purple orange, yellow, brown, and even a bit of grey. Measures 48" by 4", also feels like acetate, and also contains the graphic with "Individually Hand Painted." ($9)

The last necktie has no label, but it may very well be another Towncraft DeLuxe. Beautiful graphics of deers "prancing" and drinking from a stream in the forest, with shades of brown, orange, and light tan. It measures 50" by 4", feels like acetate, and on the back of the front blade has "Woodland" printed, as well as drawings of a paint pallet and an easel, with the words "Painted by Hand" printed above them. ($9)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, the last three for this batch:

(l to r): First up we have a hand-painted Pilgrim tie, with the image of a flamingo (in typical flamingo pose) under a palm tree. It has a brown background, with muted yellow and aqua accented motifs. Made of acetate, it measures 52" by 4", and has a very slight nick towards the side of the front blade. ($6)

Up next is a Penney's Towncraft tie ("Made and Styled in California), with a beautiful homes-in-snowfall graphic. It features a deep red background, with a graphic of white, orange, blue, and red. Feels like acetate, it measures 54" by 31/2". ($7)

Lastly is a unique graphic featuring village scenes (old buildings, forests, birds); very colorful, it reminds me of a Tolouse-latrec painting. Although it has no label, it does feature on the back on the front blade the following in handwriting: Created by "Emogene" San Francisco all Silk. Measures 52" by 4". ($10)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner