Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will Red Work with me?

jazzzbaby

One of the Regulars
I would say to stay in the reddish brown zone...it would really
compliment your skin tone nicely.

Anything with the red-orange or red with pinkish tones
would only be good if you are looking to stand out...
which can be fun to do sometimes!

Please let us know & show us your new color with a photo.

Sweet Polly Purebred

A-List Customer
I agree with the girls and add my "go for it!" but also agree that with your skin tone you want to stay in the copper zones and away from the pinks or violet tints. I was trying to find some images of that sort of bronze-y strawberry blonde that was so common on pin-ups as an example of dark tanned/olive skin and red hair but got sidetracked with cookies in the oven and gave up, heheh .. but I think that look/colour range would be excellent on you.

Esther May

New in Town
Thora Zine said:
I agree with the girls and add my "go for it!" but also agree that with your skin tone you want to stay in the copper zones and away from the pinks or violet tints. I was trying to find some images of that sort of bronze-y strawberry blonde that was so common on pin-ups as an example of dark tanned/olive skin and red hair but got sidetracked with cookies in the oven and gave up, heheh .. but I think that look/colour range would be excellent on you.

Thank you to all! Yeah, I was thinking the same color as I had before, but with a little more hint of red to it. Because that picture I posted up was in Dec. when I had a bad case of frequently going to the tanning salon :eusa_doh: Now, I'm actually a lot more lighter (like in my avatar) so that's why I think a lighter shade will work as well as bleaching my eyebrows too.

Emmababy

One of the Regulars
i would love to have Rita's hair colour but my hair is a mid-dark brown. when i decided to give it a go, i got my hair colour stripped so it went blonde, but when the hairdresser put on the ginger colour it went bright red.Now, it might be that i just had an incompetent hairdresser but I'm worried this will happen again.

any thoughts on this?
(i'm looking at you ohairas :p )

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I'm thinking of going red too! But a really bright and not at all natural looking red. I've even bought the dye, just need to be brave enough to do it (I have to strip my hair first).

Go for it EM! You can always dye again if you don't like it.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Esther May said:
Hey girls, I was just wondering what you think of a light red for my hair (possibly like Rita's). Back in high school I used to have medium auburn brown and this picture was taken almost half a year ago.. but this is the lightest shade I've gone..

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/samy12586/DSC01885.jpg

yay or nay?
That gorgeous caramel color in the click-on picture is beautiful!! Go for that color. It is so flattering on you. Love that shade.

anabolina

A-List Customer
I think red would look cute on you, just get it done by a professional. I tried going red at the end of my senior year from a home dye kit and ended up with hair that matched the school colors, burnt orange. It was actually kinda cute with my cap and gown.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
That color in the picture is VERY complementary to your skin tone...I don't think any lighter would be good, but auburn is definetely your shade!
Also, I found an article on this very topic and posted it in the thread, 'colors for redheads'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran