Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Powell and Myrna Loy DVD set

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
The cover for the set is up!

51HfXu1B1-L._SS500_.jpg

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HfXu1B1-L._SS500_.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Very nice cover! Glad to see TCM's logo featured. They've done a lot for classic cinema, especially by keeping these five films in fairly regular rotation.

Brad

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Brad Bowers said:
Very nice cover! Glad to see TCM's logo featured. They've done a lot for classic cinema, especially by keeping these five films in fairly regular rotation.

Brad

I think TCM added their logo to the "Forbidden Hollywood" DVD set, too.

And a big "Thank You" to you, Brad, for breaking this news (and accurately!)

For me, this is the best DVD release news of the year! (As well as Hawaii Five-O getting a DVD release)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Nathan Dodge said:
For me, this is the best DVD release news of the year!
For me, as well.

Just a hunch, but judging by the popularity of the Thin Man set and if this one does well, as it should, I wouldn't be surprised to see a DVD collection of William Powell's Warner Bros. films in 2008. I'd love to have One Way Passage and Fashions of 1934 on DVD.

Brad

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Mike in Seattle said:
I had mine on pre-order and was enjoying the set last Tuesday night. For those who don't have it yet - you're going to love this set!
That's interesting. I pre-ordered mine back in May from Amazon, and only got the notice yesterday. How is it you got yours so early?

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't know - I wasn't really expecting it until Wednesday (expecting it to ship Tuesday, the official release day, and we've got Amazon Prime, so I'd popped the extra $3 for overnight shipping when I preordered), so I was a little surprised to hear someone knock on the door and find it on the doorstep.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I've only watched I Love You Again and Love Crazy so far, and while both sound and picture on the former is uniformly excellent, especially for a film this age, the sound on Love Crazy was thin, quiet, and I really had to crank up the volume to get halfway decent sound. Still, a worthwhile set.

Starius

Practically Family
I got my set yesterday thanks to the Midnight Palace.

I watched the first disc today, great stuff. Watching these makes me wish we still had the TCM channel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR