Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

William Powell's JACKET from "Love Crazy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home

55061007053o.jpg

Scotrace loves the jacket that William Powell's character wore in the 1941 movie, Love Crazy. So, I thought that he (and you) would enjoy seeing one that is very similar to it.

I picked this one up at a Hollywood vintage clothing store. It's labeled as a size "large", which really means that it's a size 40 R. (It fits me.) The jacket is probably from about 1940, and is made of deerskin suede and houndstooth check wool. Bellows pockets at the thigh area. Double-button barrel cuffs. Bakelite buttons. VERY high armholes, taped seams at the inside armholes.

I especially like the turquoise blue yarns woven into it. (Today's world has forgotten that turquoise, darker brown, and cream look well together.)

What do you think of it?

jacket001.jpg

jacket004.jpg

jacket.jpg

jacket005.jpg

jacket003.jpg

jacket002.jpg

jacket007.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Fantastic!

It is very similar, isn't it? Not Howard Huges, but very wearable and snappy. What a find! Suede cuffs would have been a neat addition, but it's a stunner as it stands.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo