Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wilson's Leather B3-style leather jacket. VERY LARGE! Just $45 shipped... or less!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Wilson's Leather B3-style leather jacket.

SOLD!

VERY VERY LARGE! And just $45 shipped, or offer!

Tagged 2XL. Measurements:

Chest: 27
Sleeve: 25 (38 measured like a shirt)
Shoulder: 24 (slopes into the sleeve)
Length: 29 1/2

(I wore this as a size 40. It was HUGE. But if you're using it to keep warm as a top layer this would work for anyone from 44 to 52. It won't fit perfectly, but it'll keep you warm!)

Normally, I would't offer leathers from Wilson's, as while their products are serviceable they're not very interesting.

This jacket is an exception--solely because I have it available and it is time for it to find a new home! It is immensely practical--very warm, and very large, so suitable for layering. Over anything. Plus, you won't worry about it getting "spoiled" (as you might with an Eastman or Aero) as this really is a utility jacket--inexpensive and designed for punishment! You can thus wear in the snow and slush without a care in the world.

I acquired it when I was invited to an academic conference in Zion, Utah, in the winter--and the organizers impressed upon me that there was a high probability of death by exposure if you didn't dress warmly enough. So, I acquired this jacket... and it is definitely warm! And so large on me that it could have doubled as a tent if needed. It worked wonderfully, but was definitely overkill for a mild day hike in Utah.

(I was not the only one who was over-equipped; a political scientist from Cuba arrived with two down jackets, chemical handwarmer packets strung across her chest on ropes like bandoliers and a case with three days' supply of MREs.)

This jacket was inspired by wartime B3's. Leather, with a collar that can turn up and be secured by straps, two side adjusters at the waist, and a very heavy gauge zipper. It has some minor patina from scuffs and scrapes throughout, and one of the side adjusters needs some attention. The fleece (NOT real fleece!) lining is very warm, but slightly dingy--I ignored this, and still received plenty of compliments on this coat. Which tells you more about the low standards of academic dress than about this jacket, alas....

It's in Good/Very Good condition, and a bargain at $45, or offer, shipped in the USA!

NB: Photographed on a table NOT on the ground!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran