Windward Brand Leather Jacket Collection

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by tmitchell59, Jan 18, 2016.

1. eugenesque

eugenesque One of the Regulars

Very impressive collection. I like the patina and aged look of your jackets. Looks like they have been through much trials and tribulations.

2. Mr black

Mr black Familiar Face

This is one I had for many years but recently sold. Beautifully worn in.

2yo985y.jpg 2utssow.jpg 2yxhfl5.jpg

marmalademan and tmitchell59 like this.
  3. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Good stuff guys! Seems this model was meant for a more stout individual - based on the pics, the cut/length seems to favor a guy named "Butch" over "Slim". Great stuff. Reminds me that we've not seen Windy in a while...

tmitchell59 likes this.
  4. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

marmalademan likes this.
  5. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

I respectfully disagree. It seems to me that the cut favors a slim individual, as the placing of the pockets would accentuate and call attention to a beer gut. Nick's a slim dude, and the jacket looks great on him.

nick123 likes this.
  6. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

In reality it's an awkward jacket to wear. It's relatively thick and stiff with the fleece lining, and is short.

7. Denton

Denton One of the Regulars

Great collection! A worthy adjunct to the postwar Hercules thread.

8. tmitchell59

Thanks!
    I forgot about that one.....Coming next is Sportclad....some very nice Half Belts coming also; Californian, Sierra, Rich-Sher and others with no name.

9. tmitchell59

I have always favored the 50s jackets. Like the style, like black, like the condition. Pre-war, 30s leathers can get pretty fragile, typically more money and smaller sizes. I do have some very nice 40s jackets. I do prefer a jacket that can be worn by me. I have bought a few that others now wear.

I have a lot of reproductions too. I like them all, that is my cross to bear.

10. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

What sort of price do these jackets go for, TM?

11. tmitchell59

the highest price paid for a Windward was $209 including shipping to me. by the way that was not the Windward Classic. The Classic was $150.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    nick123 likes this.
  12. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

It seems like the models with the mouton collars are more numerous. That "classic" model doesn't appear as often. Some of the models are listed quite high though. Probably too high. And brown is the prevailing color.

13. tmitchell59

I have seen several Classics for sale, but condition and size were an issue. They do stand out. I bought these for condition, size, price, style.

To me the Classic was a steal. I've seen lesser ones bring quite a bit more money. So yes, I do try to buy right. More fun involved than money.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    nick123 likes this.
  14. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

image.jpg Here's mine:

15. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

:)Very, very nice collection there! I would agree that I'm starting to look for vintage leathers now too. I've spent quite a bit on the two Aeros, now would like to find a vintage half-belt, or even better a "highwayman" style jacket. I've found a suprising amount of 70-80's leathers in thrift shops, but no so much of the older HH and Steerhide jackets. Nick, yours looks well suited to an Iowa winter!

nick123 likes this.
  16. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Surprisingly it's only marginally warm. I can wear it in the 60Fs no problem.

17. Benj

Benj One of the Regulars

Holy shit, Nick. I absolutely love that jacket. It looks amazing on you, but if you ever want to sell it, let me know :)

18. 41eiffel

41eiffel New in Town

Windward model B apparently from the early 50s ? Any information about this Brand and Model would be appreciated ! any idea of the value of this jacket ?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has 2 conmar zippers

[​IMG]

19. ton312

ton312

That black jacket with the mouton brown collar is the coolest jacket I've ever seen in my entire life. Jesus man. And Mary. And Joesph. That is just it. Period end of story.

Roma likes this.
  20. tmitchell59

I gather you like that one!. It is like new in and out.

the jacket you posted has some issues with knits and the lining. Label looks to be 50s. Looks to be HH. Expensive to have any repairs done, got to figure that in. $125 shipped?