Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windward jackets by Montgomery Ward (and copies)

TJC

New in Town
Talking about a high optioned Aero! I can barely keep from spilling my morning coffee for gazing at it! Great score.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
I can really see the beauty of the actual Windward design in your pictures. The jacket looks like a masterpiece quite frankly, it fits you perfectly. Your choice of personalizations enhance the jacket immeasureably.

What is meant by "heavy hide with overall TOP GRAIN"? Did this mean no jerky to be used anywhere in the jacket?

Windward

Practically Family
Thanks to all of you for your nice compliments and comments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yes - I am happy as I can be and runnin around the christmas tree . . . with my Alpha - Male of the pack - thanks Aether!
Bonneville - thank you too you said what I feel - I am asked for the heaviest hide they can find and because I am not a fan of smooth hides.
I wanted a hide which shows grain from the start. Maybe you can see it in the sleeve I am sure the front/back will develope the same grain after break in!

Oh look - its snowing right now.... have to go out immediatly . . . . . . . .

Thanks

Last edited:

captaincaveman1

A-List Customer
Hey Windward, that's more like the Bugatti of Aero's. Great job. BTW I've noticed you own multiple jackets of that same pattern. Out of curiousity what draws you to that style again and again? Looks, practicality, nostalgia? Hats off - I like a bit of variety in my closet but that's just me.

Windward

Practically Family
Hey Windward, that's more like the Bugatti of Aero's. Great job. BTW I've noticed you own multiple jackets of that same pattern. Out of curiousity what draws you to that style again and again? Looks, practicality, nostalgia? Hats off - I like a bit of variety in my closet but that's just me.

captaincaveman1 - want to answer the question what draws me more than once to the AERO Windward: I've tried and owned many different jacket types mostly longer jackets but since I jump into my first (used) Windward jacket I felt so exciting. My wife looked at me and said: Babe, this is exactly YOUR jacket it looks great on you...!
So I have found what I was looking for: My perfect leather jacket made of FQHH
I also like variety - so thats the reason why all of it are different - different horsehides, colors , lining, collars and for different purposes - and all of it got faces and develop character on its own way.
Thanks

Windward

Practically Family
That picture sold the HH Aero for me. Well done. Which HH is it exactly? I think that's the one for me.
Also, any pix of the inside?

. . . . it is AERO's standard brown front quarter horsehide! You can't go wrong with this hide and the lining is incredible soft - good luck.

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Windward- the fit, horsehide color and lining look fantastic. Agree that the gabardine lining is sooo much better than standard cotton drill...

Enjoy another addition to the collection!!

Chi-Town Co

Familiar Face
Windward, you really did your homework on this one.. outstanding!! looks like you already have a head start when planning your next arctic expedition :)

Enjoy.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Now, that's what I call a high spec jacket. I can't think of any fabric, leather, fleece or general detail of construction that hasn't been incorporated in this project. No wonder it took five months! The result looks very well made, neat, and of course incredibly warm! Now take the spec sheet and transform it into a LongHB or Hercules and let us know how it turned out...!!

PS: If you find the time please post a close-up of the shearling lining.

DJS Press

One of the Regulars
That jacket is a real beauty. Just a great combination of materials and the usual top-notch Aero quality and workmanship. And the thing is, you could walk into most major malls and buy a "designer" lambskin jacket that's made in China and would actually cost more than your new Windward. I consider them to be a work of art that you can wear.

Windward

Practically Family
Thanks! YES - absolutly nothing left to be desired ... and AERO has made an awesome job and a real flagship!!!

close up of the shearling:

BentleyWindwardshearlingliningAEROLabel.jpg

sshack

A-List Customer
Hi, can you tell me how you like the purple satin sleeve lining? I'm considering getting this same sleeve lining for my Highwayman that I'm ordering. Is the satin very thick and will it last a long time? I love the color and smoothness of satin (easy on and off), but I'm wondering if it will tear or wear out too soon. I'm getting the rest of my jacket lined in a wool tartin. I may ask for a gabardine under the satin, instead of your Alpaca.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo