Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windward jackets by Montgomery Ward (and copies)

Windward

Practically Family
Lear said:
Very good :eusa_clap

That would take top spot in a thread titled:

How to convince your wife/girlfriend you need another Aero

Lear

Thanks Lear a great idea for my next tread - My wife (thanks god) has a lot of understanding for me and therefore for my hobby - So it doesnt take any efforts - once more thanks god - to convince her ;)
Well - I/we own several pants, shoes, shirts . . . why not several jackets for different seasons, occasions, or just for matching our wardrobe??

Thanks
Windward

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Thats a great looking jacket. Really cool to have so many of the same style!
Beautiful color.

I got the cheyenne for winter and the Highwayman for summer.
The Highwayman is kinda thick for summer tho so I have on order a thinner jacket for summer.
I thought I could maybe get away with another thin one in another color, and then I could need a real winter jacket with sherling lining.
After that I thought about a military style becasue it will be so different so I think its not gonna be a problem.
But then Im feeling I might be in trouble getting more jackets after that.
I felt like I needed to be like "yes its a new jacket but im selling one of the old ones"

Some days ago I was talking with my girlfriend and she have many brown/black handbags of different styles and got a new black one. Then she just bought a brown one that was kinda expensive (almost like a jacket) and I asked her if she is done with the bags soon. She explained to me without any problem that beacuse of the grey shoes she got yesterday, she will offcourse need a grey handbag, and went on with about 3-4 more that is relly life esential.

I said: -Um.dont you think its enough soon.
She said: -I can buy as many bags as i want.
I said: -Oh reeeeealyy. But besides the money difference, how may jackets could I buy?
She: -You can buy as many jackets as you want
Me: :cool: :cool:

She explained to me that if I have the money to buy something else that is for me, then I can buy whatever I want, including jackets.

Yay for women shoes and handbags :D

Windward

Practically Family
You can buy as many jackets as you want[/I][/B]
Me: :cool: :cool:

Griff - thats cool take your chance ....
BTW - Think winter in norway is calling for shearling ;)
Psst ... I've already pull the trigger for a AERO "Bentley" Windward.
Don't have to ask - sure will show it ... October /November

Thanks
Windward

Windward

Practically Family
My JerkySeal HH after one month. . . .

Hi - I've promised you that I'll post some pics of my jerky seal Horsehide Windward after the breaking in - well, here it is ....

front view
JerkysealHH_breakinafter1Month.jpg

back view
JerkysealHH_back2_after1Month.jpg

side view
JerkysealHH_side2_after1Month.jpg

Just wear it while driving in my car for hours and walk through pooring rain ... and now it begin to look more and more amazing and relaxed. . . .will get better and better!
For comparing - right out of the box see my latest post: http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=51357
Thanks for watching

Papa M

A-List Customer
That has been a remarkable amount of movement that has taken place during one month in order to break your jacket in so nicely.

It looks fantastic!

Windward

Practically Family
Tony No-Toes said:
I'm really enjoying this one. It'd be great to see it again in a few months. Thanks!

Tony, sure - if you like it - will post some pics later at october . . .
This will be the month my new "Bentley"-Winter-Windward hopefully arrive!
Like Navin like to speak - will be a "surprise"!
Thanks.

Heavyduti

Familiar Face
New (to me) Vintage Jacket - Windward by Montgomery Ward

This is a well-weathered and broken in steerhide that I picked up recently. I have been looking for something like this for many years. Although I wanted horsehide this is pretty close.

For the first time I have found a vintage jacket that is a bit too big for me but with a layer it fits well. The style and pockets are perfect and the brown colour is what I wanted, although with the flash it looks a bit more like burgundy.

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

I will have to get a better camera soon but I hope that these images give you a good idea of the 'personality' of this jacket.

Windward

Practically Family
Welcome ! Yes - very nice! I really love to see windward jackets like yours! I am more into short leather jackets and my favourite and stylish jacket is the "Windward" made by AERO

Windward

Practically Family
My new AERO in brown FQHH

Hi all
just got it . . . :D Santa came also early to me and brought me another awesome brown FQHH Windward lined with od green gabardine. . .
Maybe you like these pics:

WindwardbrownFQHHDec2010.jpg

WinWardfront1FQHHbrown.jpg

WinwardbackFQHHbrown.jpg

OK OK guys :D- will tell the whole truth . . . at the same time I got also my new winter SUJ (sport-utlility jacket) made by AERO. Due to the lot of nice features I call it "Bentley-Windward" - is just fantastic . anyone like to see some pics ? I will call my wife for assistance next.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2011 to all the loungers and friends out there and the great Admins !!! CHEERS WINDWARD

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112