Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windward jackets by Montgomery Ward (and copies)

Windward

Practically Family
Size 46"

BellyTank said:
What size are you, Windward?
Bigger than a 46?

Hi bellytank - all of my Windwards are 46" with little addition in front and back lenght! I have an average height of 176cm.

Probably you also like to see Windward Cordovan with black alpaca and dark brown mouton fur collar.
Windwardcordovanfurcollar.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Good guess, eh?

I was just looking at how very wide the back panel seems to be-
which lead me to wonder- as we dont really have any idea of scale.
It's amazing how small size jackets look so different to larger sizes. Proportions seem to change.

B
T

Windward

Practically Family
Yes

BellyTank said:
Good guess, eh?

. . . the shot was right on the target!
I paid a lot of money for the "try and error game"!! Maybe as many others who share our little hobby!? I agreed with Edward - the "right" proportions is the most important thing for choosing a jacket style.

Windward

Windward

Practically Family
Edward said:
If you think you have, leave here quickly.... Seriously, I didn't much care for Irvins or AN6552s or B3s before I came here..... now I've got two of those three already, plus an A2..... The only more epxensive "hobby" I've ever had was the guitar.... lol

Great collection ... different styles sound good!!
As you know AERO got so many variations in leather / linings - and I got so many ideas . . so I am sure you will see severeal others next - stay tuned!!

Cooperson

One Too Many
The fit looks great to me - my personal favorite is the brown one, just because I like brown leather. Thanks for the photos, I enjoy seeing different jacket styles being worn.

Cheers

bikerpoizun

New in Town
Most waist-length jackets end up being actually half-ass length. In other words, way too long. Those fit exactly the way that style should. Plus the sleeve length and shoulder fit looks perfect too. Very nice style jacket.

Windward

Practically Family
Thanks for compliments

I have to say many thanks for your kind words and compliments about the fit!
I'd agree that most of the "short" jackets I'v owned in the past are much too long and don't consider my height. It's funny to realize when I am getting older my hair is getting shorter and my jackets also . . .
Today I can't say which of my Windwards are the best because each color is unique and outstanding.

See you later and thanks for watching
Windward

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
All of them are sweet, but the brown is really amazing.

The cordovan is my second favourite of your jackets,
you just wanna eat it with your eyes :D

Windward

Practically Family
GriffDeLaGriff said:
All of them are sweet, but the brown is really amazing.

The cordovan is my second favourite of your jackets,
you just wanna eat it with your eyes :D

Thanks GriffDeLaGriff -you are right so here's a "delicate" ;) close up . . . with greetings!

CordovanFQHH.jpg

sammy

New in Town
The jacket looks great.:eusa_clap The hand pockets seem rather high up; which is probably inherent to the design. Is it comfortable keeping your hands in there? A picture with the jacket zipped and your hands in the pockets would be much appreciated.

Windward

Practically Family
pocket position

sammy said:
The jacket looks great.:eusa_clap The hand pockets seem rather high up; which is probably inherent to the design. Is it comfortable keeping your hands in there? A picture with the jacket zipped and your hands in the pockets would be much appreciated.

Hi Sammy - the pockets position is comfortable to put hands in and out - if I put my hands into the pockets my underarms are paralel to the ground - its different to put hands into a coat but its much stylisher - sorry no "action" pics yet. . .

Windward

Practically Family
hands in pocket. . .

sammy said:

Hi Sammy - this is for you!
Hope it helps you for your thoughts / decisions !?
Greetings . . . .

handsinpocketswithoutface.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
My NEW AERO Windward jerky seal !!

Hi Gents,

after I've purchased my new AERO Windward in jerky seal HH yesterday I thought its my "duty" to show my new jacket - BTW Its my first mid weight HH jacket and I am very happy with my new "Summer" -Windward (without storm-cuffs)
Its a real nice feeling with the burgundy rayon lining in body and sleeves.

What do you think?

Thanks
Windward

IMGP0864.jpg

IMGP0867.jpg

IMGP0865.jpg

IMGP0859.jpg

IMGP0873.jpg

My shoes are not the best matching . . . .

Navin323i

Practically Family
Beautiful jacket, Windward!!!!

I've lost count... how many Aero jackets do you have now including this new one? :)

I love the inside lining... the color appears to look more purple than burgandy in the picture though.

Enjoy the jacket in good health. :)

Navin

53Effie

A-List Customer
Great Jacket and excellent fit. I really like the Windward. If I can figure a way to finance another Aero, it's going to be that style. This one really looks good and I know you will enjoy it. Cheers.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21