Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windward jackets by Montgomery Ward (and copies)

Windward

Practically Family
Hi, can you tell me how you like the purple satin sleeve lining? I'm considering getting this same sleeve lining for my Highwayman that I'm ordering. Is the satin very thick and will it last a long time? I love the color and smoothness of satin (easy on and off), but I'm wondering if it will tear or wear out too soon. I'm getting the rest of my jacket lined in a wool tartin. I may ask for a gabardine under the satin, instead of your Alpaca.

Hi sshack - I can confirm you that the satin lining is very nice smooth and love it - surely last along time - the Navy Jacket M422a got this lining because of the long last time.
And yes its easy to slip in and out . . .would be a good choice.

Last edited:

sshack

A-List Customer
Hi sshack - I can confirm you that the satin lining is very nice smooth and love it - surely last along time - the Navy Jacket M422a got this lining because of the long last time.
And yes its easy to slip in and out . . .would be a good choice.

Thanks for the info!

dilbert123

New in Town
What a very beautiful jacket. I love leather jackets and have a few myself, but this beauty, wow! The colors and quality of construction that are evident in the photos are phenomenal. Unfortunately, as the above reply from "skytop" from Arizona, I, too, live in a climate that makes such a jacket as this impractical- we have short winters and long summers. But then I don't drive a Bentley or a Bugatti, but I am comforted knowing that such things exist and someone can enjoy them. Wear it in good health and with the envy of us desert dwellers!

Windward

Practically Family
Windward - Vintage brown HH after 1 month. . . pics

After wearing my Bentley Windward almost daily for 1 month it looks like this:

BentleyWindwardfrontafter1month.jpg

BentleyWindwardbackcloseup_after1month.jpg

Hope you like it ...and if you missed ...here's the link when it was brand new: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?53058-Proudly-present-My-AERO-BENTLEY-WINDWARD

Lear

One of the Regulars
While I'm on a posting week... I saw your thread on this some time ago. Meant to say, that's a lovely jacket. Looks as if it's starting to settle down nicely. I'd love something as thick as that, only problem being, I'd get about four weeks use out of it each year.

Lear

Windward

Practically Family
While I'm on a posting week... I saw your thread on this some time ago. Meant to say, that's a lovely jacket. Looks as if it's starting to settle down nicely. I'd love something as thick as that, only problem being, I'd get about four weeks use out of it each year.

Lear

Yes Lear its a very warm and cosy thing - I am able to wear it with just a shirt even if its damn cold. Also can wear it untill up to 10 C / 50 F without beeing too warm - that means from mid nov untill feb.

Windward

Practically Family
AERO Cordovan FQHH after 2 years of wear ...pics

Here a few pics of my AERO Windward in Cordovan FQHH....2 years old!!

CordovanFQHHmeetsAlden_twoyearsofwear.jpg

CordovanFQHHWindwardbackview.jpg

CordovanFQHHWindwardside.jpg

CordovanFQHHWindwardfront.jpg

After wearing it almost daily in the last 2 winters its now time to put it back into the closet –
its alpaca lined - and with 15 degree C / 59 F much too warm...:flame:

Zipper is AERO's antiqued brass - best matching because its not too shiny after the jacket is breaking in.

For warm weather I have an oil pull horse hybrid jacket with cotton lining on order....hopefully get it in June.

Thanks
Windward

Last edited:

Seawolf

Familiar Face
Wow! Looks great! Thanks for posting these pictures and your experience with the weather and the lined jacket. I've been debating about my choice of FQHH color, and I've been debating about what to line my jacket with. You've definitely helped me out! Thanks!

That jacket has tons of character. Enjoy!

blethook

One of the Regulars
Quite an interesting jacket, the Windward...but I honestly think it'd be too short for my liking... Do you really find it warm enough in the winter given the short jacket style?

Windward

Practically Family
Thanks seawolf - glad you found it helpful!

blethook - I spent much time in my car / planes / trains so on one side short jackets are more practical - otherwise the way from parking to the office isn't to long. Always feel comfy and cosy with alpaca untill 0 C / 17,8 F - below this I jump into my shearling lined "Bentley" - Windward. If I were living in artic climate I would surely take a long "shell covering" coat...

Last edited:

Windward

Practically Family
Windward brown FQHH after 6 month . . .

Hi Loungers - maybe you like to see my Windward brown FQHH (standard not vintage) how it looks after 6 month of wear.

Windwardafter6month_front.jpg

Windwardafter6month_back.jpg

Thanks for watching
Windward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy