Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Windward jackets by Montgomery Ward (and copies)

Windward

Practically Family
Thanks . . . . . . !

@ coffee - cheers!
@ zaman fu - hey, good memory - yes I've played with the idea to get a windward with knits - but I think it look much better with leather waistband/cuffs.
@ ButteMT61 - I've asked for the most softest and grainiest hide . . . and . . . BOOM: Aero picked exactly what I've wanted.
@ Metatron - would say the colour is a tad lighter compared to my standard FQHH but there's a lot of variation anyway.
@ Davy Crockett - yes the hide has a nice lustre and I hope it stays that way.

+1

Nice one Windward. You wear it well, with wide shouldered authority. Being in shape is half the battle.

Lear

You betcha! I lost 34 pounds this year, and clothing is once again something I love to buy. When you get out of sorts, you find yourself hiding in larger clothing, and now my closet is being purged of these items. I didn't realize how much it mattered. I was just covering it up. Now, being 6'-4", I had some wiggle-room in how much weight was noticeable, but to me, it was there and I was not happy.
I got lucky that I placed my Aero order after I lost the weight, and didn't get stuck with a too-large jacket!

Lear

One of the Regulars
Well done ButteMT61. The kind of story I like to hear.

:eek:fftopic: A person cutting all rubbish from their diet for a year, would save enough for a brand spanking new Aero. Plus... you get to look great wearing it. Think about it folks :)

Lear

Well done ButteMT61. The kind of story I like to hear.

:eek:fftopic: A person cutting all rubbish from their diet for a year, would save enough for a brand spanking new Aero. Plus... you get to look great wearing it. Think about it folks :)

Lear

*** Obnoxious Alert ***

I am "juicing" now. It's been part of my new regimen. Not a diet, a change. I can't tell you how easy it is to lose weight getting yourself into a new, good habit of eating. My exercise is sporadic due to life, but I hav been able to keep myself together by doing this and I feel wonderful. I grew up in a "Meat & potatoes" home, and it was also "clean your plate - there's starving kids in the world" mantra. Took me forever to realize that eating everything, every time, was bad for ME. So yes, please fellas, do yourselves a favor. Get your diets in order. It's not just about jackets, it's about being around for your kids, grandkids, wife, etc. You'll be much happier! :)

Windward

Practically Family
AERO Heavy Front Quarter Horse Hide " W i n d w a r d "

Here's your chance to grab a real bargain . . . a beautiful nicely 'broken in' brown Front Quarter Horsehide "Windward" (size 46) with a bunch of additions - extra leather panel/facing on the inside of the waistband/hem and inside facing at the cuffs - which would usually cost you an additional £100! An identical model is currently retailing at £ 735 :eeek: plus shipping and suffering for over 4- 5 months till it came to your door. The jacket has stormcuffs to keep the wind out. The Aero Windward is a replica of a short neat fitting jacket from the 1950s, often worn by Hollywood film stars.

Entire jacket is sewn with olive drab thread and fitted with Aero's antique brass hardware – Aero main zipper with ball and chain. The lining in body and sleeves is the olive sateen finish Gabardine - the B-10 cloth - as you know Aero is definetly run out of this unique Gabardine!
I have several other brown Windward's so I decided that this one should go to another Horsehide lover. The jacket is now 10 month old and the horsehide breaks in very nicely with lots of amazing grain and character. I ask for 450 EUR plus 50 EUR shipping worldwide - payment via paypal.
. . . . :ranger:

Windwardfitpic.jpg

close-upfront.jpg

close-upwaistband.jpg

close-upfrontopenlining.jpg

close-upsleeveright.jpg

close-upcollar.jpg

close-upgrainsleeve.jpg

close-upgrainsleeveright.jpg

Last edited:

Windward

Practically Family
I know this jacket is a killer - like all of my others - but realized that I have too much brownies....and a very similiar brown Windward in Vintage brown HH.
The Buyer will be not disappointed - and I am glad to order a black one and the following question is not necessary ;) :

CanIBuyAnotherLeatherJacket.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Measurements................

Measurements:

Front length / Zipper: 21" = 53 cm
Back length / collar back seam to end of hem: 23" = 58 cm
Shoulder / across the back: 22" = 56 cm
Armpit to armpit aka chest: 27" = 68,5 cm
Sleeves / from shoulder seam to end of cuff: 26" = 66cm

Thanks for watching...

Windward

Practically Family
The Great WINDWARD thread . . . with pics. . . !

Hi Eberybody !

there are so many real good threads about models like A2, G1, B3, D1, HWM, HB, Bootleeger ... and very special / vintage / classic models . . .
so man ... what about the great Aero Windward style?

After read this from the FL member deluxestyling .... "I decided not to buy one and went for a Windward" ... I feel the need to begin a new thread.
Thanks deluxe....

I'll invite you to post your opinions . . . . and fit pics . . . . about the very stylish Windward jacket.

- What do you feel with wearing an Aero Windward?
- Do you got a custom made Winward with any alterations?
- Which kind of leather is your favourite for this model?
- What do you wear with such a classy short leather jacket?

Thanks
Windward

Here we go - my daily wearer:

2-vintagebrown_closed.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
Qu: I've never saw a Windward jacket while I am going to town or travelling - is this the kind of leather jacket which is created just for me...???

Windward

Practically Family
Windward Vintage Brown FQHH

BentleyWindwardVintageBrownShearlinglining.jpg

Jerky Seal Brown (midweight) Horse Hide...

JerkysealHH_breakinafter1Month-1.jpg

Black Vintage FQHH

greybackground_WindwardVintageBlack.jpg

Cordovan FQHH

CordovanFQHHWindwardfront.jpg

Red Baron

Banned
The Winward is a quite nice model. But what of other models? Do you own anything else by Aero? You are a bodybuilder I think perhaps. The Winward model is quite nice but it tends to make you look like the Hulk. How about something elegant for Winward to try next? Here is a jacket suggestion: Long Half Belt in Steerhide. The half belt is up on the back a little bit. It would look very good on you and it would not make your build look so compacted and wide as the Windward tends to do.

All of your Winward jackets have some of the nicest leather I have seen. But you have heard that, I'm sure! You have done very well in terms of the hides you have selected. Some of the best I have ever seen. The cordovan looks very very purple but may just been the lighting in the picture. Vintage brown Winward is my favorite jacket in the pictures by far. I believe it was featured in at least one other of your threads. Very nice jackets Winward!

JanSolo

Practically Family
I heard that the Windward is not a good seller for Aero and that (along with one or two other models) it will be discontinued in the near future. Some Aero dealers have already stopped offering it.
This thread might be in fact a good idea to accumulate pictures and useful information on this model...though I fear that there might not be too many owners on the lounge who can contribute.
Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto