Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winter Weather Hats?

KatintheHat

Suspended
Kromer's are top o' the line. No Doubt!

I'm thinking that the best combo is a Kromer under an oversized Mad Bomber. I see those Iditirod guys wearing caps under their bomber type o' hats.

I commiserate with you my northern friend. "Life in a Northern Town."

As our planet changes, more folk will find out what we're talkin about. First the warming, then the Ice Age.

donCarlos

Practically Family
univibe88 said:
What happened to global warming?[huh]
It´s all here, thank you!
It´s raining almost all week, temepratures between +5 and +10°C, yesterday the air even smelled like in the spring! I hate this winter... No use for my furry coat and my furry hat.

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
donCarlos said:
It´s all here, thank you!
It´s raining almost all week, temepratures between +5 and +10°C, yesterday the air even smelled like in the spring! I hate this winter... No use for my furry coat and my furry hat.

Over here, nearer the English Channel (warmed by the Gulf Stream from La Florida), pretty much the same as in Praha: 5-10 degrees (centigrade, that's some 40-50 Fahrenheit, using the "thumb-o-meter"). This weekend will have us freezing temperatures all day, though, already got some firewood ready inside).

WhaddIwearin? Oh my usual, Stetson 20 cattleman thin ribbon and, today, old Bailey wide-brim beater.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
My kromer is my favorite winter hat by far. It's a Woolrich, not a Stormy Kromer, so it's got thick wool fleece earflaps instead of the thinner fabric ones.

Sepe

New in Town
Um, yeah, seems like whole Europe has been getting rain and warmth? We had one snowstorm in November, and some snow after it (which always melted away, thanks to the temperature keeping pretty well over 0C/32F). And lots of rain. Today we finally got a thin snow cover and the temperature is around but under 32F. Around 15F in the morning though, but I guess that's as cold as we'll get this year at least here in the south. Then again, the real fun, with -4F and lots of snow begins in February!

As for what I'm wearing in this phase of global warming, my winter Stetson and a trenchcoat. Plain and simple, eh?

MCrider

A-List Customer
Yesterday it was 2 degrees above. This morning I woke up and looked and it was 10 above in the frosty hills of West Virginia. Guess this is that global warming thing that univibe88 was alluding to? :eek:
Hasn't been cold enough for me to give up my fedora's yet, but just in case, there's some real cold weather gear in the trunk.
In the hat related department, today I'm wearing my Royal Stetson in a medium grey to work.

Cheers

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Brrrrrrrr.....

It went down to 68°F last night. :eek:

Shoes193.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many
When it gets bitter and frigid, I like my Tilley Winter Hat with the fold-down ear flaps. I'm not talking about the Tilley Winter Fedora, just the Hat. I have it in Charcoal.

analogist

One of the Regulars
Too cold for a fedora?

It finally is too windy here in New York so one must go to Plan B. Bencraft has the Wigens Elkhide baseball caps which are as good as a cap with discrete earflaps can get. I love them.

If you can go for the extra coin, go for their Crown Cap Trooper in calfskin and soft beaver. It is nothing your PETA friends will tolerate but you will go nuts over it.

Give our friend and sponsor Steven or his fine staff a call and truly treat yourself.

analogist

-30-

A-List Customer
"It is absolutely freezing up here in Canada and there is nothing warmer then my Nathaniel Cole Shearling Aviator designed by Crown Cap."
QUOTE: hats2013.

I don't where you are in Canada, but in Toronto we have had only one dusting of light snow with the temp of 20 - 30 F a couple of times.

BTW, do you shill for Crown Cap? Five of your first only posts, five kudos for nothing but Crown Cap Co?

Regards,
-30-

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto