Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wishlist....................

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LizzieMaine, have you tried vintage textile shows? There's a lady here who sells at a textile show and the Santa Monica vintage expo who sells vintage rayons for about $7 a yard.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh, and I'd also like to meet the curators of the costume museams at Bath, V&A, and the Palais Garnier, and get the "backstage tour" if you will.

maisie

Practically Family
Wouldn't it be just great to go back in time.......................................:D

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
colleency said:
On the non-clothing side, I soooo want a teardrop trailer with aluminum siding, please.

Oooh, I have a friend who recently picked up a Spartan and is restoring it. I cannot wait to see the finished product - the lines are fabulous! I'll definitely take one of those if it is on the menu.

Dahlia

Familiar Face
Marc Chevalier said:
I know of a little antique shop in Beaumont, California, that has Jean Harlow's costume jewelry from most of her films, including Dinner at Eight.

Beaumont, off the 60 freeway? Please post the info!:D

decodoll

Practically Family
colleency said:
On the non-clothing side, I soooo want a teardrop trailer with aluminum siding, please.

I would love to have one of those!!! Of course, a car to tow it with first would probably be helpful! :rolleyes:

I'd also like a perfectly fitting 1940's all in one girdle, a raft of vintage hat blocks, a Claire McCardell play outfit, a gown by Adrian, a Givenchy little black dress, the 1870 purple and white striped Lady's Court Dress at Kensington Palace, and a Wedgwood pink and ivory Embossed Queensware teapot. :)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
thought of another one: I love jewelry...mostly have costume, which I love, but, to be able to accesorize with the real stuff...would be kind of cool

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
A Vintage/Retro Wadrobe...so that I actually like what I wear. It's one thing I've wanted since I was in 7th grade, and I'm getting there VERY slowly. (Money issues)

Caledonia

Practically Family
If I'm aiming high I'm a vintage Chanel or Dior girl myself, with no preference for any year on either. I'd also really like a decent sized bottle of Soir de Paris from back then (and original Chanel pumps), not a 5-15ml sample with some of it evaporated. Oh and did I concur on gorgeous shoes that fit? And just wanting to be back there and smell it, hear it, feel it... Sigh. :)

maisie

Practically Family
I'd also really like a decent sized bottle of Soir de Paris from back then

You can still buy that purfume now, you can get it from a website in the US, but i can't find the link now!:rolleyes:

Caledonia

Practically Family
Yes, I've googled too. I was hoping to find a 50s bottle though, but they all come in tiny wee sizes for rather large prices. I'll probably go with the modern version in the end. :)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
If there´s something I´d like to have it´s the dress Marilyn Monroe wore in "Some like it hot". I mean the one that had skin colour and little rhinestones all over it so it almost looked like she was naked. Wow, that was a dress. I´d love to have one like that!

Caledonia

Practically Family
Even when you've watched the film a dozen times and know it's a dress you still do a double take. I read somewhere they had to sew it onto her!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
decodoll said:
I would love to have one of those!!! Of course, a car to tow it with first would probably be helpful! :rolleyes:

Beat you to it with my vintage Chevy/vintage Airstream combo! :p

I also want some great hats. I need, at the very least, a black ladies' fedora and a loden green one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner