Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wishlist....................

maisie

Practically Family
So what is that dream item that you have been all looking for, but never seem to find (or simply goes for silly money!:eek: )?

Mine has to be a has to be a hawain dress and a pair of cute white wedges, gotta love those comfy 40's wedges! (But white is so not a practical colour!:rolleyes: )

Rosie

One Too Many
I madly want a thick, full, long fur stole, sans the eyes, head and feet in the *perfect* shade of dark, chocolately brown. I would also like a small collection of white "everyday" gloves, I always find evening ones in my size. And some fully fashioned vintage stockings as I find none for very tall, fuller figured women.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Has to be a a crepe day dress with little violets on........and a pair of soft violet shoes.........oooooohhh!!!!!!
And a chocolate brown belted swing coat.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
I've seen Schiaparelli in my size, I just can't afford it. :(

I'd like about 6 pairs of 1920's evening shoes, size 10 1/2 C. In wearable condition.

Oh yeah, I'd actually like to win ebay auctions, everything I like goes for several hundred dollars and up.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I've been keeping my eye out for an outfit that looks like the same one Rita Hayworth wore in the movie 'Gilda'
images

and a full length vintage fur coat...have not been able to find one! they've all been waist length

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I think she'd already given birth by the time 'Gilda' rolled around in 45. I know she was pregnant during the production of 'Tonight and Every Night' though.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Rita Hayworth was six months pregnant with daughter Rebecca Welles when shooting on Gilda commenced. (Hayworth gave birth just one week after production ended). Hayworth's costuming was designed to help hide her condition (note the large waistline bow on her black dress in the "Put the Blame on Mame" number, for example). Often during the movie she is frequently seen only from the waist up, behind other cast members or props, or she is holding in front of her a piece of wardrobe (a fur coat, etc.)

maisie

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Aim high, ladies: wish for vintage apparel by Chanel, Adrian, Schiaparelli, Dior ...

Wouldn't it be lovely to find an estate sale of full of all famous designer pieces of the era, (that no-one else knew about!!:D ) Also where did all the gorgeous clothies from the movies go, all of the outfits and accessories were to die for!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
maisie said:
...where did all the gorgeous clothies from the movies go, all of the outfits and accessories were to die for!

The clothes were used and reused, altered and realtered, cut and recut, in movie after movie.

I know of a little antique shop in Beaumont, California, that has Jean Harlow's costume jewelry from most of her films, including Dinner at Eight.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Rita Hayworth was six months pregnant with daughter Rebecca Welles when shooting on Gilda commenced. (Hayworth gave birth just one week after production ended). Hayworth's costuming was designed to help hide her condition (note the large waistline bow on her black dress in the "Put the Blame on Mame" number, for example). Often during the movie she is frequently seen only from the waist up, behind other cast members or props, or she is holding in front of her a piece of wardrobe (a fur coat, etc.)

I still don't think this is correct. She gave birth to Rebecca in December 44. Production began on Gilda in September 45. I think IMDB's got that one wrong.

If you watch "Tonight and Every Night," in about half of the scenes she's either standing behind something or holding a muff or something in front of her. Supposedly they filmed the dance scenes before she began to show.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
A '40s Chevy hotrod. I'm willing to be flexible on the model, as it would have to be going for pocket-lint prices. lol

Oh, and a similar-period Airstream.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'd really like a some really nice vintage shoes that fit well. Let's start off with a couple pairs of high-quality early-forties daytime pumps in brown and black kid, with about 2 1/2 inch heels, size 9 1/2 B. And then, any number of variations on that basic theme would be welcome.

And after that, a really good late-thirties-style princess coat, maybe in a brownish tweed mix, something that would work well for casual and semi-dressy occasions during the fall and winter.

An infinite supply of full-fashioned stockings in all the popular colors would be nice, too. Size 11 L, please. I like Mojuds best, but would certainly settle for Phoenix or Kayser.

And some nice late-thirties rayon yardage in various prints, floral and geometric. I can't find real rayon around here for love or money, and I've got a bunch of patterns here that cry out for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo