Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woman 'more likely to remember first pair of shoes rather than first kiss' ...

Odalisque

A-List Customer
First Shoes- Red 80's heels I bought at my neighbors garage sale for something like 50 cents. I used to run around in them pretending I was Rei from Sailor Moon :eek: :eek: :eek:

First Kiss- With my first boyfriend at the age of 18. Late bloomer, I know. I started laughing halfway through it. I just couldn't believe it was happening.

Veronica

New in Town
I remember every man I fell in love with.
From the first peck on the cheek in kindergarten to the first time my arm brushed my current lover's arm...

I also remember my first "woman" shoes (= heels shoes) : Black leather high heel clogs (very cool in 1992 !) I remember how proud I was to wear heels and to hear them on the pavement. I also remember how much my feet hurt at the end of the day with those damned heels...I still can't look at clogs without feeling my toes curl up...

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Hmm first pair of shoes, black patent mary janes, with frilly white ankle socks, thought i was the bees knees, i remember doing lots of of twirling.

First kiss, with Andre Woodward at the second year school disco, faced with the possibility of having to repeat the performance, it was that bad, i stayed in my room for the next three years with Morrissey for company and wrote bad poetry!

Retro Chick

New in Town
Ah, my first kiss was when I was 14, I had braces and the next day all the back of my top lip was cut, so some work on technique was presumably required!

The first pair of shoes I bought with my own money were Converse All Stars, I think. Strange because I can't afford a pair now!

First record I bought was a 7" of Kylie Minogues Hand On Your Heart, I must have been about 7? The first ALBUM I bought was Neds Atomic Dustbin "Are Your Normal"

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
First pair of shoes? No idea. First kiss? Yeah, baby! It was June 29, 1974, his name was Kevin, he was 16 and I was 13, and it happened in my grandparents' livingroom. We "swapped spit" with each other for the next 5 years and boy, could he kiss! Shhhh, don't tell my dh. :rolleyes:

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
First kiss: my elementary school best friend's older brother. Meh.

First cassette tape I bought for myself: The Bangles, Different Light.

I don't remember my first shoes, but think that the first shoes I bought for myself happened in college. I had a fantastic pair of black patent-leather knee-high lace-up boots with a delicious chunky 4" heel. I wore them with a little black mini dress with a lace-edged babydoll collar and cap sleeves. My boyfriend called it the French Maid dress. That outfit almost got me fired from a job, but I loved it.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
the first ones I bought for myself are copper Steve Maddens, that are made to look vintage. I call them my lucky shoes, I wore them on my first date with my boyfriend, and only my masters graduation. They are my favorite still.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo