Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woman 'more likely to remember first pair of shoes rather than first kiss' ...

speedmaster

New in Town
Is this true?! :rolleyes:

Woman 'more likely to remember first pair of shoes rather than first kiss' - Telegraph
"Whether they are a pair of Manolo Blahnik’s, Jimmy Choos, such as those worn by Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City, or just an ordinary pair of high street shoes, more than 92 per cent of women could remember the first shoes they bought with their own money. Less than two, however, in three recalled the name of the person they first kissed, the survey found."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/...rst-pair-of-shoes-rather-than-first-kiss.html

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
My first kiss was April 29, 1993 with a guy named James. He was 6'5" tall, had blonde hair, and was wearing a Megadeth t-shirt.

First shoes?? [huh] :rolleyes: I'm still not very interested in them.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Well, I can tell you what my grandma's first pair of shoes was, but not her first kiss... :)

As for my shoes, I haven't the foggiest which were the first I bought. I do remember the first pair I bought in college, perhaps the first shoes I ever bought off the internet...

Inky

One Too Many
I remember my first real kiss (we just found each other on Facebook this past year - so sweet), my first record album I bought with my own hard-earned money (Edgar Winter's They Only Come Out At Night), and my first grown up shoes (meaning a shoe with a heel) - a pair of slightly heeled circa 1969/70 black patent mary janes.

But the kiss was best - all other kisses always were compared to those kisses.

Anneloes

New in Town
Uh, no way, haha! Although I do remember a pair of white patent mary janes I had when I was about.. 7, with a little lily of the valley embroidered on each nose.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
First record my parents bought me: "9 to 5" by Dolly Parton

First record I bought with my hard-earned allowance: "She's So Unusual" by Cyndi Lauper.

First compact disc I bought: "Out Of Time" by REM

Still don't know what the first shoes were [huh] lol

Avalon

A-List Customer
Amy Jeanne said:
First record I bought with my hard-earned allowance: "She's So Unusual" by Cyndi Lauper.

Me too! lol

Methinks whomever wrote this article needs their head examined. I absolutely remember my first kiss (I was fifteen and it was with Harry Stolberg), but as for shoes? [huh]

The Shirt

Practically Family
It took me a while to recollect the shoes - purple suede ballet flats with giant black floppy bows. Not so long to remember the first kiss, James at night by a fence in the neighbors yard while playing tag. Sloppy, awkward, heart pounding, fantastic fun.

I think the album as we add this in the mix must have been The Monkees, the first cassette tape Depeche Mode, the first CD the Pixies.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Not only do I remember my first pair of shoes, I still *have* them: White leather high-top Stride Rites. Size 1/2-D. As far as ones I bought with my own money, it'd have to be a pair of white canvas Tuffs (a cheap Keds knock-off from Grant's) bought for grammar school gym class somewhere around the fifth grade. They didn't last anywhere near as long as the Stride-Rites.

First kiss? A neighborhood kid when I was five, who I then pushed in a mud puddle. The kid then *bit* me, and I had to have a tetanus shot. All things considered, the shoes were a better experience.

First record? "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight?," by Lonnie Donegan and his Skiffle Band. I played it over and over again on my portable kiddie phonograph until it abruptly disappeared.

First record album? A four-disc 78rpm set by the Benny Goodman Sextet, bought at a flea market when I was thirteen. Cost me all of $2.50.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Amy Jeanne said:

Mine was the GoGo's "Beauty and the Beat'...1981..and I still have it.

Unfortunately I do remember my first kiss....

I also have my -first- shoes....I didn't buy them though...they are ugly white boot-like things stuck to a denis-brown bar...so that I looked like this for most of my early childhood...(although my shoes were turned and fixed inward, not outward)

1249624198.jpg

I learned to flip myself up and over crib bars...land on floor and roll lengthwise to my mother so she could untie me every morning.

my feet still turn outwards... :(

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
First shoes I remember were velcro tennis shoes. The cool kids fastened them in "X"s. Don't have the foggiest of the first shoes I bought myself.
First kiss, truth or dare when I was a kid. Should never have taken that dare. Lame.

SayCici

Practically Family
My first kiss was in a movie theatre with a mister Brandon H., initiated by me.

I don't remember the first anything that was purchased, definitely not shoes or CDs (I have one record and no record player - a single of Kyu Sakamoto's "Sukiyaki").

Viola

Call Me a Cab
First high heels, I remember. I was thirteen, I got two pairs for the same weekend adventure, one pair was sand-gold and closed-toe, the other navy patent leather and open-toed. I still have them, somewhere, even though my feet grew one more size. (I never got any taller, though, than I was at 13, and that navy dress is still around - too big for me now)

First I bought with my own mony I don't remember, probably some white sneakers from Payless, not very thrilling.

First kiss, Jamie G. I was fourteen. I wore a green sweater. He kissed me in the park and then on my front steps, which is where my mother found us.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
I remember all of it.

First shoes bought with my own money: LA Gears, 4th grade. They were white with pink sparkly parts and they cost $45. I was so proud of those damn shoes!

First real kiss: D.T., behind the grocery store, 8th grade. Amazing at the time. Sweet boy.

First CD I bought: Aerosmith, Get a Grip.

What a fun thread!

First real kiss: Torre DiGirolomo - we were 15 and I was sitting on a low brick wall watching him practice on his skateboard when he walked over and asked if he could kiss me - I turned extremely red, and said yes. And boy was that a heck of a kiss - he asked me to be his girlfriend and there were lots of great kisses after that for like, a whole year :)

First shoes I bought with my own money: a pair of size 5 (guys) black and white checkered Vans "off the wall" - I lived in Santa Cruz at the time, and those were the DEAL let me tell ya. Totally rad, dude.

First record I bought on my own: U2 - War

All of the above: Good Times :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo