Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wonderful 1930's belted back single breasted jacket

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Amazing jacket indeed. Have to confess that I've never before seen an US belted-back jacket with a shoulder yoke like that. Again - reminds me a lot of old German jackets from the time (so called 'Sportjackett' in German).

GoldenEraFan

One Too Many
Amazing jacket indeed. Have to confess that I've never before seen an US belted-back jacket with a shoulder yoke like that. Again - reminds me a lot of old German jackets from the time (so called 'Sportjackett' in German).
Yes, good point. I've seen it more-so on American '60s does '20s/'30s belted backs.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Western Yoke was popular in the 30's in the mid western rural areas. This jacket is most likely an orphan to a two or more likely three piece suit from 30's.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Mario, i have a Hart Schaffner & Marx 'style book' (Chicago and New York) from 1922-3 and scalloped shoulder yokes feature prominently.

here's a U.S. 30s one (not mine):

doublepleatpocket.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mario, i have a Hart Schaffner & Marx 'style book' (Chicago and New York) from 1922-3 and scalloped shoulder yokes feature prominently.

here's a U.S. 30s one (not mine):

doublepleatpocket.jpg

I've seen a few scans taken from US catalogs and magazines sporting belt-back jackets with shoulder yokes but in Germany it seemed to be a rather dominant style.

I really love the back pleats on that jacket you posted. Amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR