Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wool Knit Vests / Waistcoats

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
dandified buckle back version by Marc Guyot:

marc_guyot.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dandyfied indeed. I like the back treatment but the colors in the front look like something for pre school children. Maybe I am just too boring to appreciate the dandyness. ;)

Thanks to Guttersnipe for this scan from Apparel Arts October - November, 1937
IMG_1927.jpg

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Great photo - looks like Peter Sellers preparing for Halloween. :D

Here also a Polo RL knit vest I found at the bay some time ago... I would have preferred it to be without these blue stripes, but I won't complain.
But it was rather to long for high waisted trousers and thus I took it in a bit at the shoulder seam.

SAM_4021.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's Woody Allen. ;-) He really has an appreciation for the golden era. (Sweet and Lowdown is my favourite movie from him... but there are many more)

The Polo version is nice. I bought mine one size down and the lenght is pretty short now. The wool does stretch a bit without gapping at the buttons.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Ha - now that you say it. Thought it was a real photo from the 1940's. :D

Yes a S would have probably fit better than the M, but it's quite good as it is now.

Metatron

One Too Many
That pic of Woody Allen has made it clear to me: The key to not ageing is dressing like a grandad when you are still young. Then no one will tell the difference when your age matches the clothes. ;):D:eusa_clap

Pera.T

One of the Regulars
I had my Grandmother knit me this from a vintage pattern, all wool with wooden buttons. The waistcoat is solid maroon on the back. I have a long torso, so it could do with an extra inch or so in length, but otherwise I love it. Great for the winter months.

CIMG8482-Copy.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Wow! Would you mind to scan the pattern for me, Flo? My sister owes me a favor and then some, and she's very good at knitting, too. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112