Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wool Strat. $90?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:jaw:

They have a couple of other wool Stetsons that are very attractive. But it'll be :smow: inna hot place the day I pay $150 for a woolie. :tsk:

Last edited:

-30-

A-List Customer
It could be that Glen does not understand hats and/or their construction?

As for what Tonyb wrote, after having been in Goorin Brothers' Toronto store, none were impressive and The Service, non existent.

Regards,
J T

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
You have to be wary of stock photos but the hat looks OK.......................and as Confucious once said, " A good quality wool felt is hats above a mediocre fur felt"

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I've got a wool Stetson fedora I bought my 1st winter in Shanghai, since it was the only felt hat in my size at the city's one real hat shop (Futoshi Hats). It's a great looking hat and I have always gotten lots of compliments on it, although it is a little heavy and I much prefer my nicer fur felt hats that I have acquired since then.

My only complaint is that the stitches holding the ribbon on also acted as conduits for sweat, so that there is a spot around each stitch that has a different "shine" than the rest of the hatband. But I may very well be the only person who has ever noticed this.

And the price for the hat came out to about $200, but you've got to figure it would run close to that if you ordered from the USA and had it shipped. Mr. Futoshi has to pay rent on a shop in a very nice shopping area, so I don't begrudge him a profit. I couldn't have gotten a comparable hat cheaper anywhere in Shanghai. Most hats for sale in regular men's & department stores are much lower quality and more expensive, since they are seen as "fashion" items. The Stetson has a great look and was ready for me to wear as soon as I paid for it. You can't beat that delivery time, even if Hats Direct can get you an Akubra for less money.

Edward

Bartender
I have had many a wool felt. And I may get this one.
This is a perfect price point to introduce new hat wearers into the fold.
Looks nice and I believe Mr Deckard was instrumental in working on this for 1791.

Exactly. Not a hat I'd buy now - I prefer fur these days - but if it makes a nice, traditional hat available to folks new to the idea, then great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran