Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wool Sweater and 5-6 lb Cardigan

acl1

Familiar Face
I'm a relatively new member here, but have great ebay feedback (acl1) as well as on other forums. PM me if you'd like details.

James Charlotte buttonneck sweater - $35 shipped
Ebay purchase from a few years ago. Directly from the mill, so you may notice that the shoulders need some blocking. It's nicely thick (4-ply) and has a beautiful oatmeal color with brown, white, and beige yarns. Never worn and basically NWOT. I might keep this if it doesn't sell.
CIMG1008.jpg

CIMG1010.jpg

shoulder to shoulder - 18.5
pit to pit - 21.5
pit to cuff - 19.25 (deceptively small, from center of collar is 35 in)
length from bottom of collar - 26.5

handknit heavy brown melange shawl cardigan - $115 shipped
This is the heaviest and one of the most beautiful cardigans I've ever seen. It's made of thick brown and black yarns that have a hairy texture and a loose weave, and has big wooden buttons and a huge shawl collar. Weighs about 5-6 lbs, if not more; could easily last a lifetime. I'm not sure if there's interest, but if there isn't I have a relative I could potentially give it to, or I may attempt to shrink it myself. Would be looking for more than than the other sweater since it's so heavy to ship and cost a small fortune when purchased.
CIMG1018.jpg

True color is darker than either of these pictures, as the color variation is not as noticeable, and the brown is much more deep than this close-up can show.
CIMG1020.jpg

shoulder to shoulder - 22
pit to pit - 25
center of collar to cuff - 38-39
length from bottom of collar - 32.5

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80