Wormser, Mocha Brown Size 7

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by DOUGLAS, Feb 19, 2007.

1. DOUGLAS

DOUGLAS My Mail is Forwarded Here

I mistakenly put this in with the vest. It is a beautiful hat that is in excellent condition. If it fit me I would keep it. It is very, very soft. The sweat is sewn directly to the body and it has a narrow ribbon and a bound edge. It is marked supreme quality.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    $50.00,including shipping

2. tonyb

tonyb Vendor

Is that a loose 7 or a tight 7? In other words, do you think a guy could bump it up to a 7 1/4 without regretting it?

3. DOUGLAS

I wouldn't. It is made really well and the felt is great but there is no reeding and stretching it that much I think is asking for trouble. Believe me I wish it were larger.

4. tonyb

tonyb Vendor

Thank you. Over the years I've assembled quite the collection of thin-ribboned, Open Road and Open Road-like lids (it's up to 18 or 19 pieces now, I think) and I'm always on the lookout for the unusual examples. That Wormser of yours would make a nice addition, but it won't fit me and if I acquire many more hats I never wear but picked up just because I thought they were "interesting," well, I'll have hell to pay with the boss lady.
    Kudos to you, Douglas, for parting with those hats at such reasonable prices.

5. DOUGLAS

Please don't try to up size,It will damage the hat. Right now it is in as good condition as you will find. It is damn near perfect.

6. vonwotan

vonwotan Practically Family

Douglas - you are torturing me with this hat. I have only one other thin ribbon, a beater Borso Lido that I wear upland game hunting. This would certainly add some variety but I am praying you will find another taker before I break down.

I have an Art Fawcett in the works, a navy Lock & Co. fedora and and interesting Fried bowler (1910-1920?) all on their way and my girlfriend will not let me hear the end of it when she sees my closet.

7. DOUGLAS

SOLD

An other has taken.