Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would love about accessory guidance

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
I've looked briefly through the archives, if anyone can point me to a thread I'd be happy to peruse it. I want to buy a couple of belts and a vintage handbag. I try to wear vintage repro or inspired 30's, but have better luck finding early 40's. Any suggestions where to look for inspiration for a vintage or vintage looking handbag? Also, were vintage handbags ever made in a larger or stachel size? I'd love a red one. And what is the right kind of belt and the width? I see deco buckles on ebay, but they mostly seem to be rhinestone and I want a more everyday belt. Maybe I should look at an old Sears catalog?

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Thank you!

Hmm, I must be searching this forum wrong. The belt forum is exactly the same questions I have.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Another question...

So, I've fallen into the 21st century trap of ginormous handbags, luggage really. And I have a toddler. Do people carry a second bag as a tote with their sweet (and miniscule looking) vintage handbags?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
jetgirl said:
So, I've fallen into the 21st century trap of ginormous handbags, luggage really. And I have a toddler. Do people carry a second bag as a tote with their sweet (and miniscule looking) vintage handbags?

I am a stay-at-home of 2. I have NEVER carried a diaper bag. When my kids were younger, I kept a diaper bag in the car, but never with me. By about age 2, I stopped keeping one in the car. Both boys were potty trained by 2 and they knew if they had an accident, it meant going home. I also don't believe in snacks unless we were away from home past a meal time. I just never needed a big handbag and the bigger the handbag, the bigger the mess.

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
You are far more organized than me... :)
Actually, I don't need a diaper bag. And I have convinced her that eating meals instead of snacks is the way to go. What I usually throw in there is an extra layer for my girl (and sometimes one for me), whatever baby she wants to take with her that she then can't carry, my sunglasses, a little juice or water, some sunscreen, whatever I need to drop off at the post office, etc... We are a very on the go family and I feel the need to be prepared for about 6 hours at a time. I'm thinking a vintage tool bag with my high waist jeans! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo