Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WPG "Trenchcoat"

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd like one of those (could wear it over my A-2), have been looking @ originals but those are too small (so far) for my 46" chest :)

Edward

Bartender
Did anyone ever order one of these?

An ex-TFLer that lives in Japan had one he was very pleased with as I recall (no photos I'm aware of). I hear only good things about them, but I'd love to see better photos as I'm in two minds about the length. I generally prefer my overcoats to hit the bottom of the calf muscle as an ideal, but I can work with knee length. All depends on what "just above the knee" means, which is a bit of a pain in the the WPG photos only show it on its own, not being worn...

Cocker

Practically Family
After a quick research, found this picture on their FB page:

325021_179103195529260_965800735_o.jpg

Edward

Bartender
After a quick research, found this picture on their FB page:

325021_179103195529260_965800735_o.jpg

Nice - you did better than me, I couldn't find that at all ! Thanks.

Looks like a good length, particularly for wearing with tall boots. Although not a complete replica, for the general Bogart vibe it's an excellent look, the length particularly. That's just about exactly where Bogie wears his in Casablanca: the story I got was that his had been tailored shorter because he wasn't especially tall himself. Course, what this apes were models worn in the Great War trenches where this length was enough to keep the rain off over officers' tall boots, and not so long they got caught up in the muck...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk