Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrangler Vintage Denim Jacket ID & Authenticate

Phong21

New in Town
Greetings!

This is my first time here. I know we are more into leather (I do own a piece of Schott P613s), but this time I'll have to ask for your help in authenticating this piece.

I promptly bought this piece without much consideration and research. However, unlike Levi's, Wrangler archive is not well-documented. The only source I see people suggesting is vintagemotorcyclejackets.com but it is down now.

I will have more pics (including fit) of the piece once I receive it (2 weeks to go). We shall see if I can pull it like Brad Pitt aka Cliff Booth.

All pics are taken by seller:

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Untitled6.jpg

Untitled7.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

Untitled5.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Welcome first of all. Regarding this Wrangler, it's a rather unusual style for a "trucker" jacket, however I see little reason to question it's authenticity. Most were and still are button up. Perhaps the zipper was replaced at some point, normal especially for a work jacket such as these are. The wear and labeling all look consistent, as does the "patina." of the jacket. Wear & enjoy it!

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Very cool jacket, and yeah, Brad Pitt wore it very well. The model name is 24MJZ and they were produced in the 60s with broken twill denim.

Phong21

New in Town
Welcome first of all. Regarding this Wrangler, it's a rather unusual style for a "trucker" jacket, however I see little reason to question it's authenticity. Most were and still are button up. Perhaps the zipper was replaced at some point, normal especially for a work jacket such as these are. The wear and labeling all look consistent, as does the "patina." of the jacket. Wear & enjoy it!
Thanks for your welcoming. The labeling does seem legit to me. Thanks for taking your time visiting!

Phong21

New in Town
Very cool jacket, and yeah, Brad Pitt wore it very well. The model name is 24MJZ and they were produced in the 60s with broken twill denim.
Thanks for your replying, Kubatu. Do all the details of the jacket look legit to you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB