Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wtb black hat, 7 1/2 wide brim!!!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello, I am looking for a wide brim black hat, will consider anything thin ribbon (prefer that over regular wide ribbon) but what do you have? Size 7 1/2 please...(will take a 7 3/8 if you stretched it and it made it to 7 1/2 without murdering the hat) lol! Also prefer a edge ribbon on the hat. Not wanting to spend too much, but I know $150.00 to $200.00 is about my budget for now...anything you have let me know.....

Thanks and also....MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm assuming you want vintage, yes? Sorry for the dumb question!

Aaron

Hello. Yes I would for the most part prefer a vintage hat. I would consider a black borsalino that is not vintage, but would have to be the alessandria model as I do not care for many of the other new borsalino hat line up! And no, it was not a dumb question at all. I would also consider a resistol western 3 inch brim if it has an edge binding on it that is black! Thanks!!!!!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Wow, thanks, that is a nice hat, and it will work for me! Price is fairly decent as well. Thank you again for steering me into such a deal!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Well David, I just did the deed on ordering a Black Biltmore Open Road, as you suggested. I had called and emailed the customer service and asked a ton of questions about the hat, (they show it on the website as only having a 4 inch crown height) but it is over 5 inches........and as you had made mention RBH indeed has one in the same Black as what I ordered and he posted a picture of himself wearing the hat in a thread about the Fedora Lounge Campdraft hats everyone is getting in a green color ( I guess)??? As it is, the hat looks to me about as nice as pie, and for the sale price of only $120.00 plus shipping, how on earth could a person go wrong????? I may have to "toy" around with the hat, may not leave the thin black ribbon on it, may change it to a different color, leaving it a thin ribbon no matter what. For some reason, a WAR hat just does not attract me so much.....???? lol! Thank you so very dearly for pointing me into the direction of this Biltmore.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Yes, at that price the Biltmore is a good deal and we know there won't be any more coming along.

I'm hoping mine will arrive before too long - the online ordering page threw a bit of a wobbler for me, but the nice customer service lady assured me that the order was received and the hat had shipped.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez...they already sold the last hat before my order hit for the black 7 1/2.....I just called and the gal said they would have to put my money back into pay pal.....(BOOO HOOOO) sniffle sniffle....drats! lol!

Landman

One Too Many
Daniel,

I have a black western Resistol with a 3 1/2" brim. It is their PRCA hat (Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association) and comes with a black and red horse hair band. It doesn't have a bound brim though. It is new and should fit you nicely. If you are interested shoot me an email and I'll take some pictures of it.

Landman

One Too Many
Daniel,

I forgot to mention that I also have a brand new black Stetson Open Road in size 7 1/2. It is a new production model so the crown is very stiff. If you are ok with a cattleman's crease then they are very nice hats. I have one I wear a lot for work because it doesn't show stains. I bought this extra one and stashed it away for a dress hat but have never worn it. If you don't like a cattleman's crease though then you don't want this hat. It would be a pretty tough chore to recrease it. Although, Paris Hatters here in San Antonio told me one time they could steam one back open crown with their commercial steamer. I've never seen one done though and don't think I would want to try it.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks so very much, Mike. I may just take you up on that. I will let you know before the weekend is over. I agree about the new OR and the crease issue. I don't think steaming it would do all that much for it, the hat has a ton of shellac in it on the crown....like a helmet. BUT....a cattlemen crease is O.K. I have no real negative issues about that crease!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy