Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Brown and White Spectator Shoes

Time

New in Town
Size 7.5-8 UK (8.5 US)

Must ship to the UK. Please let me know if you have a pair. It seems like it's impossible to find anything affordable.

Edward

Bartender
What do you classify as "affordable"? Rocket Originals do very nice options at around GBP120. Not sure you'll find anything much south of that in the co-respondent style.

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
I've probably said this before in regards to similar threads, but no shoe is more expensive than the pair you never wear. In other words, watch out because at lower price points, a lot of the spectators / corespondents available tend to be poor quality, not suited for normal wear, and typically are not very comfortable.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Size 7.5-8 UK (8.5 US)

Must ship to the UK. Please let me know if you have a pair. It seems like it's impossible to find anything affordable.

Currently there are several nice spectators on eBay, and the smaller sized ones are easier to find then larger sizes.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Edward: there was that place on Kingsway/Southampton Row that had a permanent sale on (or at least it did all of last year). I'm sure they had brown and white spectators (or was it brown and cream). Maybe they are still selling them? If I recall, they were about £70. Have you seen whether that shop is still open?

Edward

Bartender
Edward: there was that place on Kingsway/Southampton Row that had a permanent sale on (or at least it did all of last year). I'm sure they had brown and white spectators (or was it brown and cream). Maybe they are still selling them? If I recall, they were about £70. Have you seen whether that shop is still open?

They're still around. They "close down" every year at the end of the Summer, as they spend about six weeks in and around September touring the US, selling Harris Tweed. They do good reductions on regular shoes, but I've yet to see the co-respondents in it. They sell Loake co-rs for about GBP150, which is about average.

Time

New in Town
What do you classify as "affordable"? Rocket Originals do very nice options at around GBP120. Not sure you'll find anything much south of that in the co-respondent style.
Well, I was considering buying the Rocket Originals, but I was hoping maybe someone has a vintage pair they can let go for slightly less than that.

Currently there are several nice spectators on eBay, and the smaller sized ones are easier to find then larger sizes.
I do check eBay regularly. I just though I'd post here since I know members here have a nice collection of vintage items.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails