WTB: Engineer Boots Brown

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mtree, Jan 14, 2022 at 9:45 PM.

1. Mtree

Mtree New in Town

Looking for some used Wesco, redwing, rrl, or any brand engineer boots. Size 9-10. Looking to be under $500. Thanks!
    Matt

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 10:02 PM
  2. Boyo

Boyo Call Me a Cab

what size?

3. Mtree

Mtree New in Town

9-10US

4. Aloysius

Aloysius A-List Customer

Edward likes this.
  5. Mtree

Mtree New in Town

Aloysius likes this.
  6. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

7. Pandemic

Pandemic One Too Many

I bought custom Wesco’s with the upgrades and details I really wanted for $460 after using a 10% off code at Bakers. Unless you are in a rush, I think it’s worth ordering exactly what you want, rather than compromising and buying used.

Bakers have sale coupons on Wesco’s occasionally, but if you email them they might give you a code now. They’ve done that for me in the past because I was a repeat customer.
    0595F3A1-6969-4774-9321-CC3C90F28DC1.jpeg

8. Edward

Edward Bartender

The Westways are fantastic, an engineer-length (10-12") version of the more traditionally knee-length British Lewis boot. These zip up the back so have a neater fit, while remaining easy on/ off, as compared to an American style pull-on boot. There's a thread somewhere from some years ago when they were first introduced and @Rufus Dayglo picked his up in the London shop. I believe the idea of the shorter length was so they could more easily be worn up, inside the trouser leg the way American engineer boots are, rather than over the trousers like the British rockers did (that being a movement that larger kicked off in 1959/60 - the days of narrower jeans than some of us prefer round here!).

Another option Lewis have introduced in recent years is the A10 Mechanic's Boot - a very characteristic Lewis take on the traditional, American-style engineer boot. No zip, pull-on, but still relatively narrow for the style. https://www.lewisleathers.com/mechanic-boots-no-a10.html The biggest difference you'll see with the US boots is that this (as in common with all the British riding boots I've seen) has a flatter heel than you'll see on most American boots - like the 2991 Red Wings.

Pandemic and Aloysius like this.
  9. Aloysius

Aloysius A-List Customer

The Atlantic is my favourite though I made the mistake of ordering it in the wrong size so I had to send it back.

Edward likes this.
  10. Knakorn Piulueangsawat

Knakorn Piulueangsawat One of the Regulars

dm ya

11. Edward

Edward Bartender

Yes, it's an interesting one. More like an American engineer boot in that it's pull-on, but interesting panel design I've never seen elsewhere. A Lewis original that was available back in the day too.

[​IMG]

Aloysius likes this.