Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Engineer Boots Brown

Mtree

New in Town
Looking for some used Wesco, redwing, rrl, or any brand engineer boots. Size 9-10. Looking to be under $500. Thanks!
Matt

Last edited:

Pandemic

One Too Many
I bought custom Wesco’s with the upgrades and details I really wanted for $460 after using a 10% off code at Bakers. Unless you are in a rush, I think it’s worth ordering exactly what you want, rather than compromising and buying used.

Bakers have sale coupons on Wesco’s occasionally, but if you email them they might give you a code now. They’ve done that for me in the past because I was a repeat customer.
0595F3A1-6969-4774-9321-CC3C90F28DC1.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Do they have to be used? Lewis Leathers clocks in at just under $500 or just under $440 in for the brown boots, completely new. The difference between the two models is just height.

The Westways are fantastic, an engineer-length (10-12") version of the more traditionally knee-length British Lewis boot. These zip up the back so have a neater fit, while remaining easy on/ off, as compared to an American style pull-on boot. There's a thread somewhere from some years ago when they were first introduced and @Rufus Dayglo picked his up in the London shop. I believe the idea of the shorter length was so they could more easily be worn up, inside the trouser leg the way American engineer boots are, rather than over the trousers like the British rockers did (that being a movement that larger kicked off in 1959/60 - the days of narrower jeans than some of us prefer round here!).

Another option Lewis have introduced in recent years is the A10 Mechanic's Boot - a very characteristic Lewis take on the traditional, American-style engineer boot. No zip, pull-on, but still relatively narrow for the style. https://www.lewisleathers.com/mechanic-boots-no-a10.html The biggest difference you'll see with the US boots is that this (as in common with all the British riding boots I've seen) has a flatter heel than you'll see on most American boots - like the 2991 Red Wings.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Atlantic is my favourite though I made the mistake of ordering it in the wrong size so I had to send it back.

Edward

Bartender
The Atlantic is my favourite though I made the mistake of ordering it in the wrong size so I had to send it back.

Yes, it's an interesting one. More like an American engineer boot in that it's pull-on, but interesting panel design I've never seen elsewhere. A Lewis original that was available back in the day too.

209_atlantic_boots.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ