Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wtb john lofgren nt cxl 11d

Despot

Familiar Face
Where are you based (EU or overseas)? I’ve a pair of natty CXL engineers that have had circa 10 wears that I’ve replaced with a pair of Zerrows that fit me better. They’re size 11 too

Despot

Familiar Face
What is your sneaker size?
Your brannock size?
How do the lofgren fit?
I’m wearing size 11D in grant stone Diesels right now - they fit tight at first (I’ve wide feet - should have gone with 11E) but stretched a bit and now fit perfectly - not sure if that gives context.

I’m 10.5 in Viberg 2030 last and 11D to 11.5D in Alden Barrie last (if that provides context).

If you’ve high arches I’d avoid the Lofgrens. The pass through is quite tight - I actually had to stretch them somewhat at that point to where they slip on okay now (at first I needed to do the plastic bag trick). But once they’re on they’re actually slightly too loose - I would probably need a 10.5 for the snug fit I like in Lofgrens but then I’d never be able to get my foot past the narrow pass point of the boot to get them on!

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
I’m wearing size 11D in grant stone Diesels right now - they fit tight at first (I’ve wide feet - should have gone with 11E) but stretched a bit and now fit perfectly - not sure if that gives context.

I’m 10.5 in Viberg 2030 last and 11D to 11.5D in Alden Barrie last (if that provides context).

If you’ve high arches I’d avoid the Lofgrens. The pass through is quite tight - I actually had to stretch them somewhat at that point to where they slip on okay now (at first I needed to do the plastic bag trick). But once they’re on they’re actually slightly too loose - I would probably need a 10.5 for the snug fit I like in Lofgrens but then I’d never be able to get my foot past the narrow pass point of the boot to get them on!
I have wesco mr. Lou in 11e because the e fits like a D. I am trying to access my size in john lofgren. I actually do have a very high arch an hearing this concerns me. Boots are always better to try on in person. I am at a crossroads on whether to even try lofgren engineer now I ve just heard great things. I like Mr. Lous. I am a 12d on brannock. Do you know your brannock?

Despot

Familiar Face
No clue as to my brannock size (based in Ireland and we don’t really use the device here).

I’d say if you’ve a high arch best avoid Lofgrens - at least that’s my own experience.

I bought Zerrows engineers (from EastWest Apparel in Bristol) - a custom make up for the store in brown horse butt. They look lower profile than the Lofgrens but the pass point in the boots is a little wider - Zerrows also do something I haven’t seen elsewhere - they put a strip of smooth leather along the inside of the boot where the heel slips down wheh putting them on - this avoids the friction you get from your heel rubbing on the unlined leather of the Lofgren and making it harder to get on. The Zerrows combine that ‘guide strip’ which ends above the heel cap (so no heel slip) with a pull tab at the top of the boot to help pull them on.

Lofgrens on first go took 20min struggle to get on - Zerrows slid on easily and fit snug. The difference was marked … and the main reason why I no longer wear the Lofgrens and wear the Zerrows as often as I can

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
No clue as to my brannock size (based in Ireland and we don’t really use the device here).

I’d say if you’ve a high arch best avoid Lofgrens - at least that’s my own experience.

I bought Zerrows engineers (from EastWest Apparel in Bristol) - a custom make up for the store in brown horse butt. They look lower profile than the Lofgrens but the pass point in the boots is a little wider - Zerrows also do something I haven’t seen elsewhere - they put a strip of smooth leather along the inside of the boot where the heel slips down wheh putting them on - this avoids the friction you get from your heel rubbing on the unlined leather of the Lofgren and making it harder to get on. The Zerrows combine that ‘guide strip’ which ends above the heel cap (so no heel slip) with a pull tab at the top of the boot to help pull them on.

Lofgrens on first go took 20min struggle to get on - Zerrows slid on easily and fit snug. The difference was marked … and the main reason why I no longer wear the Lofgrens and wear the Zerrows as often as I can
Thank you for your input an relaying all this info. There are plenty of good engineers out there i was trying to get one without a wait. My mr. Lou was tight originally so I been through that . Those zerrows look nice! What model did you get? Did you get wide last or narrow last in zerro? I would still like to try on lofgrens. The flat head has some natural cxl boots as well, they look cool

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
W
Thank you for your input an relaying all this info. There are plenty of good engineers out there i was trying to get one without a wait. My mr. Lou was tight originally so I been through that . Those zerrows look nice! What model did you get? Did you get wide last or narrow last in zerro? I would still like to try on lofgrens. The flat head has some natural cxl boots as well, they look cool
WHat size zerros did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot