Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Knox or Cavanagh fedora, size 7 3/4

furious

New in Town
As most loungers know, this is a hard size to find on the vintage market and usually comes up with naught on the Bay. If you are willing to part with one of these big lids from the 1930s through 1950s, preferably in steel gray but not a must, please post it here. Thank you.

furious

New in Town
A big 7 5/8 might work too but it would have to be roomy!! Thanking you in advance should there turn up any leads.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
How much are you looking to spend? I posted a Knox tan fedora that I think you commented on. It's a very nice hat that I wouldn't part with normally but for the right price I might have to let logic take over and let it go. It would have to be a pretty good offer though as our size is very rare in vintage hats.

furious

New in Town
That is a nice hat but likely out of my price range. Let me take another look and I'll get back with you. Thanks for putting it up for consideration.

casechopper

Info on the hat:
Brim approx. 2 3/4" brim width
Crown: 5 3/4"
Size 7 5/8 XLO and isn't a small 7 5/8. I normally only fit in a 7 3/4 and some 7 5/8's can fit a bit tight but this fits right on (though this may bbe in part due to the XLO sizing which I do have an Extra Long Oval head.

furious

New in Town
It's in very good shape, not perfect, but pretty darn close. Does it come with its original box?

furious

New in Town
Ok, for comparison's sake, how does it fit vs. the W&W I just purchased from you. I'll be totally honest; it is a tiny bit large and I need to put a folded paper towel in the band for a proper fit. Other than that, I really like it and got a couple of nice compliments at work last week.

casechopper

It's about a size and a half smaller IMO. I needed a paper towel with the W&W as well. This hat fits a little higher on my head than a normal 7 3/4 would but with the extra wide sweatband and the softness of the sweatband/crown it conforms well. Do you know if you're a regular or long oval in head shape?

Also, if you're interested in any of my other hats, except for the customs, I'm usually open to selling as long as the price is right. Just send me an offer and I'll let you know if it's workable or not. I have plenty of costs and a few too many hats at the moment.

furious

New in Town
Interesting. I don't know if I'm a LO or not, but I assume so as I have always had a little trouble with getting a good fit with most fedoras. The front to back is usually too tight on many hats for me, that's why I generally wear caps. I made a New Years' resolution to get back into proper hats this year, so let the games begin. Ok, the most that I can do presently is $65 plus shipping. Thanks for the offer to peruse the others as I will take a look and see what interests me.

casechopper

That's definitely too low for the Knox. I have a couple of westerns up on the classifieds that are in that range. Most of the other hats I have right now would go a bit higher than that. Take a look and if you see something you like make an offer.

furious

New in Town
Finding a hat from the 30's-50's in the larger sizes would be way above asking, unless you are one lucky fella!

Thanks. I am watching the Cav and saw the Mallory earlier. My size is very hard to find in anything vintage, but sometimes I can get lucky with a larger sized 7 5/8 or a LO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner