Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB (looking at) 7 1/2-7 5/8 Long Oval Vintage Fedoras

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
You guys have such great taste in hats and have so many beautiful ones up for sale but my size is kinda rare so I though I'd post here.

I can't guarantee that I can pick anything up right now but I'd sure be interested in looking at my choices after having fun with one of my one hats this week.

I just took my 7 5/8 (round) Stetson Weekender and stretched it to a 7 5/8 long oval using steam and a hat jack (after watching an akruba youtube video). It worked great. The next thing I did was to steam the rear and sides of the brim and rolled it up slightly to go from the downturn weekender to an upturn fedora. After steaming the Crown I popped it out and then steamed it some more, chopped in a a nice center crease with some great new dents. Made the rear of the crown lower than the front. I now have a great fitting and great looking fedora instead of a $150 hat hanging on the wall that I never wore. I will try to get some pictures posted soon.

Thanks,
Terry

Last edited:

Dundee

A-List Customer
I have an Akubra Campdraft in Silver belly in the size you are looking for. If you are interested I could post a picture.

Thanks,
Dan

Dundee

A-List Customer
DCP_3299.jpg

DCP_3596.jpg

DCP_3714.jpg

I am asking $90. shipped.

Thanks,
Dan

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Hey Dan,

I sent you a pm. I'm seriously interested in your hat but just had a couple of questions. Is your hat a 60 or 61 and is it a long oval? I have to admit that the campdraft is one hat that I had not given much thought until you came along. Now you have peaked my interest. I've been reading as much as I can since last night and think it would be a good hat to add to my collection.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Well Heck, looks like the wife is gonna kill me but I just bought my first Akubra and made my first purchase through the Lounge!!! I'm a BAAAAAD BOY! I've got my Stetson Weekender, ten or twelve Tilley's and now an Akubra Campdraft to add to my collection. Once I get my Stetson Whippet or Chatham (or both) I'll be set. I've been bidding on several very nice "Vintage Fedoras" on Ebay but I lost a couple of nice ones last night because I always set a limit I won't go over. You gotta play the game sometimes.

Thanks Dan, I'll be looking forward to my new hat

P.S.

I'm not done yet guys. Like I said above I'm looking for a couple more "dress or casual" type fedoras in the 7 5/8 long oval. Some 7 1/2s will fit too so I guess I'm talking 60 or 61. The whippet and chatham have peaked my interest so that style is my priority now but I'll consider anything that you guys have to offer. You all have such good taste. I'm the Admin of the largest Harley Forum on the Internet and never thought I'd have time to hang out anywhere else but I'm liking TheFedoraLounge a lot!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner