Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB M-422a (G-1) size 38

Fonzie

One Too Many
Hi there,
I am on the search of a seal brown M-422a with a mid brown or russett collar in size 38 from one of the top manufacturers (Aero, ELC, Bill Kelso, or even at a lower level US Authentic) but so far I haven't been lucky on the sales pages or the Ebay.
Unfortunately the Australian dollar has taken a dive so I can't afford a new one (or justify to my wife yet another leather jacket...;) but I'm turning 40 this year so that is my wild card.

Any kindred spirit with a friendly offer will be recompensated with good karma for years to come... ;)

I'm 5'10 slim (65kg) so I'm looking for a slim fitting jacket as the baggy models of certain manufacturers (US Wings, Avirex, etc) don't fit me at all.

This is my first post in TFL but I've been following the interesting posts here for a few years now, I love this site.

Thank you all in advance.

Fonzie

indyhan

Familiar Face
hey there
i have one late fifties sears hercules that ain't exactly a G1 but quite close enough but i think would fit you fine as i'm on the slim side myself and the only thing that makes me contemplating letting go of that jacket is that it's a tiny bit too short in the waist (i'm just above 6')
$_57.JPG
$_57-4.JPG
$_57-6.JPG
$_57-7.JPG
$_57-5.JPG
it's in a real swanky neat shape for a 50 + jacket, there has been some patching in the lining but quite clean
i got the jacket for a real good price so i'm not looking at so much money, i think 200 aussie dollars would do, shipping included (i'm in France)

let me know what you think

cheers !

Fonzie

One Too Many
Hi mate, thanks for your offer, it's a very nice jacket and at a bargain price, but it's not what I'm after.
I am only looking for the model and brands I specified, cheers anyway!
Merci beaucoup.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Go for a 7823B(WEP) or earlier G1, man. Get an original and save a ton... ;)

Last edited:

chamboid

One of the Regulars
How about a really nice beat up original 1944 Willis and Geiger An-6552, amazing goatskin, collar a bit worn, but the jacket is totally wearable.

Size 38
PM me if you like some measurements and price

Fonzie

One Too Many
How about a really nice beat up original 1944 Willis and Geiger An-6552, amazing goatskin, collar a bit worn, but the jacket is totally wearable.

Size 38
PM me if you like some measurements and price

Hi Chamboid, I can't PM you for some reason (it doesn't give me the option on your profile), could you message me directly the details?
Thanks mate.

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
If that falls through there are several military surplus g1's on Etsy from $125 and up. Mostly Vietnam war era.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass