Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Nickel Star Emblem

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Looking to purchase one of the "star" emblems for a leather jacket as pictured on epaulet in photo. Ideally one of quality (robust/heavy), as cheaper versions are widely available.

Thanks!
image.jpg

Sorry just saw this. Legendary USA sell these and other vintage style embellishments for leather jackets.

I've often suspected that's what the originals were.

All of the originals I have ever had eyes on were the kind that push through and fold in, like the pyramid studs on punk rock belts. (I'll bet you remember those, Edward).
Interestingly, my mother-in-law used to date a gent who had one with straight bars, like Lt. bars, on the epaulettes. I asked him if he used to be a Lt. in some bike gang or something, but he said they just came on the jacket when he got it new, back in the 60s, so I guess the stars were not the only kinds of decorations that were around.

Incidentally, I put stars on the shoulders of my first perfecto style jacket (it was an Excelled brand) back in the early 80s. I used a couple of double pin back ones I got from the army-navy surplus store. There were several of those around back then, I haven't seen one in years though.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking for a star to put on the lapel of my Johnson motorcycle jacket. The leather's thick CXL steerhide, so I wonder if I'm better going with an emblem that can be fused on rather than having to punch a pin through it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou